Chapter 23: A Robbery of Luck?

How valuable is it?

Yan Hao smiled lightly, "No matter how valuable it is, to me, it's just a data model."

"A data model? That's easy for you to say. Do you know how much it's worth?" He Shao was exasperated by Yan Hao's light-hearted reply, concluding that this unlucky kid didn't know the value of that thing just now.

"How much?" Yan Hao asked curiously.

"How much? It's priceless." He Shao said, "Think about it. This data model, if you find a large pharmaceutical company to cooperate with, or turn it over to the Pharmacy Association, so that every pharmacist who uses this data model of yours to make sedatives will give you even one ten-thousandth of the revenue every year, you won't worry about spending money in this life, as well as the next life, and future generations."

Yan Hao blinked and froze as he listened, "Is this feasible? I deduced this data model from the algorithm published by Professor Sun of the Pharmacy College. It can't be done like this, right?"

"How can't it be? I also know that algorithm. Since Professor Sun chose to open it to the whole network, this algorithm has no copyright, so the model you deduce from this algorithm is your personal property. Why can't you sell it for money?" He Shao said.

"But after all, it has half of Professor Sun's hard work." Yan Hao said.

"Half of Professor Sun's heart and soul already got the reputation it deserved when the algorithm was announced. So if you sell it now, you will get the money you deserve. There is no conflict between the two." He Shao said.

Yan Hao froze: "Then what if I also make it public all over the network?"

"Are you stupid? You're so poor, and you're still following the example of other professors who are fishing for fame?" He Shao was furious. This unlucky kid was so poor that he couldn't even afford to buy a bed sheet when he first enrolled in school, and now he still wanted to do charity.

"In other words, if I make it public all over the net, I should be able to get some reputation, right?" Yan Hao asked persistently.

"Of course. But, people will praise you for your contribution to science to your face and call you a fool behind your back. In fact, even if you take this data model and sell it for money, as long as the price is reasonable, the reputation you should have will still be there. Why did Professor Sun disclose the algorithm on the whole network? It's because the algorithm only provided an idea and could not produce advanced tranquilizers. So, he just made it public. You try to change a shaped data model, and he certainly would not sell it. If you don't believe me, you can check his other research results."

Yan Hao didn't say anything. He was remembering his last life. In his last life, he gave the solved data model to Professor Sun, who talked to him that night and asked him if he was willing to open it to the public as he did for the benefit of the world. He thought at the time that the data model was originally based on Professor Sun's algorithm, and since Professor Sun said to make it public, he did not object.

Later, soon after Yan Fei discovered the moon flavor grass, the data model and the discovery of the moon flavor grass completely reduced the role of advanced sedatives. After that, Yan Fei became famous, and Professor Sun often appeared on TV. On the other hand, he seemed to have no change at all, still doing experiments in the laboratory. Occasionally, when students passed by, they all talked about him secretly.

"Yan Hao. Yan Hao?" He Shao tapped Yan Hao's shoulder.

"Hm?" Yan Hao looked back.

"What are you staring at? Are you regretting it? If you do, call Senior Sheng Heng. He is too embarrassed to take such a valuable thing for nothing." He Shao urged.