Chapter 28: Research Direction

Mecha Manufacturing Department Classroom

"Today, we will talk about the internal wiring of mechas. Every mecha operates by having a mecha engineer operate in the cockpit, giving instructions to Star City, and then transmitting the instructions to every part of the mecha through these wires. So the wiring of the mecha is a knowledge that every mecha builder must master." Professor Qin said while projecting a diagram of the internal structure of the mecha on the blackboard.

"It's finally the class you're most interested in." He Shao whispered to Yan Hao.

"Yes." Yan Hao's eyes shone brightly, and he looked incredibly excited. He had been looking forward to this class for a long time. During these three months of cramming, he had basically mastered the basics of mecha manufacturing, but the only place he still had problems was this mecha wiring diagram.

"Have any of you learned about the direction of research on mecha wiring in current science and technology?" Professor Qin suddenly asked.

"Teacher, I know." Someone raised his hand.

"Okay. Tell me."

"Today's research direction is to streamline the internal wiring diagrams of mechas as much as possible in order to simplify the operation."

"That's right. It seems our students are still keeping up with current events." Professor Qin chuckled, then began to explain, "Each wire in the mecha is used to convey instructions, like the wires inside the arms. This one is used to operate the fingers, this one is used to bend the arms, and this one is used to control the direction it goes in. Under these basic wires, there are many small wires that are used to complete more detailed operations. These operations require the pilot to enter commands in sequence in the cockpit. However, once a command is misoperated, the mecha's actions cannot be completed."

"Therefore, the mecha operation is very difficult, requiring the pilot to have strong physical and mental strength. If you don't have enough mental strength, you won't be able to remember the huge amount of operation instructions, and if you don't have a strong body, you won't be able to finish the operations in a short time. Because of this, for a long time, the Federation's mecha warriors were lacking."

Yan Hao nodded as he listened. Every teenager had dreamt of piloting a mecha, but the more he understood mecha, the more Yan Hao knew that he would not be able to become a mecha pilot because his physique was not enough to support him in completing the high-intensity command operation.

"In order to solve this problem, the Federation mecha have the earliest classification of mecha. The mechas were divided into a total of one to ten levels." Professor Qin said, switching the projected image and replacing it with a projection on which there were a total of six mecha wiring diagrams.

"This is the wiring diagram of mechs from levels one to six. What did you find out?" Professor Qin asked.

"The wires are getting more and more complicated." The students quickly found out.

"That's right. The wiring is getting more and more complicated." Professor Qin introduced, "The first to third level mechas, which only have simple operating instructions and can't have weapons, can normally be operated by citizens of our federation, as long as they are not crippled."

"Hahahaha ......" The classroom resounded with laughter all at once.

"There is a fundamental change from the third mecha to the fourth level mecha. Can you see it in the diagram?" Professor Qin continued to ask.

"Teacher, I know this. After level four mecha, the joints of the mecha will be much more flexible." Someone raised his hand to answer.

"Good. That's right." Professor Qin enlarged the image on the projection and fixed it on the wiring diagrams of level three mechs and level four mechs and asked, "Then can you figure out from these two diagrams what is the reason for the flexibility of level four mechs?"