Chapter 31

[NOT EDITED]

JUNGKOOK'S POV

~~Recap~~

"Ready for surprise dear "best friend" Let's have a look" I said while everyone in the room were holding their breath, I can feel it.

"You can come in" I ordered and in came--

--------------------------------

~~ BACK TO PRESENT ~~

"Surprise" I said while I saw Baekhyun's jaw dropping to the ground, eyes wide open with shock. He was stunned. I smirked again, oh this isn't even the start and I had him stunned. What will happen when he'll know the "truth".

"I guess you are too surprised to even talk my dear "best friend". C'mon tell me now, are you happy?" I teased him even though I know once he will get his tongue back, he'll have my neck in his grasp. Nope, he won't be able to, it's not easy to have your hands on me. I'm UNTOUCHABLE.
(Author singing in a corner ~~ untouchable, untouchable~~)

"Hey Ji hun, Hana you can have a seat. Come sit here" I said while pointing towards the end of the couch on which I'm sitting on. They complied and sat on the other end.

"How?" is all Baekhyun said while he was still in some kind of daze. So now he wanna know.

"Oh so you wanna know? I thought you were doing just fine with assuming things, weren't you Baekhyunie?" I questioned. He snapped his head towards me as if he just realised something. Idiot.. huh..!!

"Wh-What do yo-u mean by that?" he stuttered, now he is playing innocent with me. Not gonna happen bro. Not infront of my salad.

"Playing innocent I see, weren't you playing "best friend" role with me this whole time while backstabbing me just because of some stupid reason, that didn't even happened because of me in the first place. You yourself pinned your assumption on me without even knowing the truth, when you were the only one who caused all this drama you asshole" I snapped yet kept my cool, I can't afford to lose myself in this revenge- revenge game. It wasn't even my fault for fuck sake.

I'm just hurt that I was framed as a bad guy, when all I did was saved a woman, who was being assaulted by her own boyfriend. Was it my fault that I tried to save someone's life? was it my fault that I felt bad when I saw all the scars on her body? or was it my fault that I found her almost dead on her bedroom floor, when she was left to bleed and die?

"Let's tell you the truth. Hana-ssi, you'll be okay yeah?" I asked her while she held onto Ji hun's hand for support and nodded. I smiled softly, she is like a sister to me. I'll do anything to protect her.

[⚠️ Warning:- mention of violence scene. Please skip if you are uncomfortable with it]

--------- Flashback ---------

It was a dark night, rain was heavily pouring on the windowpane making it so pleasant and blissful for a girl who was standing by the window, her long blonde locks falling up to her waist.

Anyone who would look at her will only say that she was the most happiest girl because she'll always smile and be cheerful but what people didn't knew was the scars that she's been hiding since so long under her long sleeves or turtle neck even when it was burning hot outside.

The scars and the pain that she kept hidden from the world, for what? For love. Love, four letter words that goes way deeper than just usual feelings anyone can have, that makes you do crazy things, that makes you feel alive, loved, wanted. Strange that a mere four letter word can make you give life or can make you take one. She was in love, love with a monster.