Sweet Aisle

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: WILLOW by TAYLOR SWIFT

555 Words

"Okay, I need to follow this list, and then I'll be fine," I tell myself.

I pull my keys out of the ignition, shoving them into my conjoined jumper pocket. They mix with my phone and my purse. With my shopping list in my hands, I get out of my car, walk through the parking lot and into the large grocery store. I take a double look at my list as I walk through the automatic sliding glass doors, a cool breeze pouring down on the top of my head. A flowery smell enters my nose as I walk past the bouquets. For a split second, I consider buying myself a bouquet, but there is no point. I might as well wait to find someone who would buy me some.

The first aisle consists of bread, all different types. I read my list, seeing that I need a loaf of bread and a large baguette stick. Grabbing them both, I also grab a metal basket, placing them both on the bottom. Walking away, I see that the next aisle is full of butter, jams, and jellies. Doing the same as I did before, I check my list and add what I need to my basket. As I go along my list, I cross off what I have in my basket. This goes on until I am in the last aisle.

Once I've grabbed everything I need and my list is full of crossed-off words, I decide to cave. I'm going to treat myself to my favourite chocolate bar. Ever since I saw it in the confectionary aisle, I couldn't stop thinking about buying it. Now that I know I have some extra money in my purse, I know I can buy it. I make my way back over to the aisle, seeing the bar the second I walk in.

Making my way over to it, a frown appears on my face. Yes, I can see the chocolate bar, but there is a downside. It was on the top shelf. I may be average height, but my arms are too small to reach it. I stretch my entire body to try and get it, but I fail every time. After all these failed attempts, I hear a deep, throaty chuckle from beside me.

"Here you go, sweetheart." A man smirks as he grabs the bar with no effort.

He hands me the bar, smiling down at me. His smile is beautiful, but his eyes are what catches my eye. They are captivating, a deep blue ocean with warm black swimming in the cornea. I can't keep my eyes off of him. I can see defined muscles underneath his tight shirt, and his thighs are strained against his jeans.

"Thank you, sir."

The man smirks as he turns around, my eyes watching him walk away. Right as I was putting the chocolate bar into my basket, I feel a small shift under the bar. I turn the bar around, seeing a small piece of folded paper. It was shoved under the flap of the wrapper, a piece of lined paper. I take it out, unfold it and see that the edges are ripped. On the paper is black ink, neatly written.

𝟬𝟳𝟱𝟴𝟮𝟱𝟳𝟮𝟳𝟯𝟭

𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝘆 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿.

-𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀.

———————————————