Yes!

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: SAY YOU WON'T LET GO by JAMES ARTHUR

1,346 Words

This weekend I plan on relaxing. I want to take a long bath and get rid of all the aching pains in my body. I want to try and do some yoga to relax my entire body. I want to sleep all day and watch movies later with Bucky in our bed behind me. I want to heal from the disaster that was the last mission.

We were sent to watch a group of men, who were suspected of making, selling, and taking illegal drugs. I, Steve, Natasha, and Bucky were sent to a hotel across the road from the group, and for a while, we were just watching them. But, when we started seeing young girls being dragged into the building late at night, we had to act quickly. To put a very long story short, we somehow missed the vital piece of information that they were human trafficking young girls as well as drugs. We all had to fight these men, which had a lot of weapons. I got hurt a little bit, and this weekend I want to relax until I don't feel the pain from the minor stab wound.

However, nothing ever works in my favour. As I'm coming out of my shared bathroom in our bedroom after my 3rd bath over the span of two days, I see Bucky sitting on the edge of our bed, dressed in a suit. It's dark blue, which he started wearing more and more when I said that I like him in blue as well as black, and a white dress shirt under it. However, what makes me chuckle is the white sneakers on his feet.

"What's with the shoes?"

"I had to borrow Peter's." He rolls his eyes. "He and Shuri used my nice black ones as a holder for some weird chemical crap they were making. I couldn't get this green shit off of them."

"You bring that on yourself. If you stopped making fun of him, then they wouldn't use your things." I drop my towel, applying moisturizer on my legs.

"Whose side are you on?"

"No one! I'm not having my things ruined as well."

"Always in the middle, typical Y/N." He mumbles.

I laugh and roll my eyes as he stands from the bed, stalking over to me. I get up from my hunched position, placing my bottle of moisturizer on the hanging shelf on the wall. Bucky stands behind me, wrapping me in a huge bear hug. He places his chin on my shoulder, leaning to kiss my neck.

"You smell so good." He whispers.

"You could too if you joined me some time."

"You know we can't." I hear him groan. "It will all happen again. We'll end up having sex and break the bathtub again. Tony will have my head."

I turn in his hold, his eyes quickly shifting down to my naked body. I don't say anything, though. I let him have his moment. Let's be honest, if it was the other way around, then I would be doing the same. Although, I do wrap my arms around his neck, making him look into my eyes.

"Why are you so dressed up?" I ask.

"Oh." He shakes his head, clearly remembering something. "I want to take you out tonight."

"What do you have planned?"

"It's a surprise."

"As much as I like that, can't we stay in tonight? I'm still in a little bit of pain."

"Please?" He looks a little hurt at the memory of me being hurt.

"Fine." I cave, not being able to say no to his puppy dog eyes.

"Yay!" He lets go of me, walking over to our wardrobe.

He steps out of it after a silent minute, holding a few dresses. he places them on the bed, allowing me to see the matching lingerie placed sneakily under them. I smirk at the action, knowing him too well to know his intentions behind them. He stands up and walks over to the door, peaking his head out before leaving.

"Dress up all nice. I have an amazing date planned for us."

🦾🦾🦾

Walking out of my bedroom, I see Steve standing behind the door. He is leaning against the opposite wall, dressed in a tight, black suit. He smiles when he sees me, and wraps his arm around mine. I look over at him with my eyebrows scrunched.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I have to escort you to the date. Bucky's orders." He smiles.

Walking down the stairs in the compound, I keep brushing my hands down my dress. I need to keep it neat, Bucky said that I needed to look nice. I'm wearing one of the dresses he picked out for me, a red, spaghetti strap dress with black strappy shoes. When we make it to the garden, Steve points in the direction I need to go, leaving me to walk by myself. I follow his instructions, seeing a small road of rose petals leading the way.

Stood in the pavilion, is Bucky, next to a table in the middle, displaying an array of different foods. Bucky walks over to me, wraps his arm into mine, and walks me into the pavilion. He pulls my chair for me, holding my hand as I sit down. Sitting opposite me, he starts plating some food in front of me. All my favourite foods are here. We start eating in silence, one of our hands holding the other across the table.

"You look beautiful." He breaks the silence.

"Thank you." I blush.

We continue our conversation as we eat, holding hands, laughing, and drinking through the bottle of wine together. He keeps looking over at me. He gets lost in his thoughts, thinking that I don't see him. He looks really nervous, though. I brush in between his thumb and pointer finger, gaining his attention. His hold of my hand tightens as he looks up at my face.

"Are you okay? You seem distracted."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He chuckles nervously.

"Bucky? What's going on?"

"Okay. Okay." He lets go of my hand.

Sitting in his seat, he places both of his hands into his pants pockets, leaning back into his seat. I can see a sweat break on his forehead, which I'm confused about, because his being a super soldier means that he rarely sweats. Something big must be happening.

"I just want to say that you look amazing tonight, Y/N." He smiles.

"You did say that already, Bucky." I laugh.

"I know, but I don't say it enough to you." He beams. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever met. You are strong, courageous, and amazing. And I love every part of you. You make me want to be a better me, for you. I laugh more when I am around you. I have a million different memories with you that I can cherish for the rest of my life. I have dreams that I want to make a reality with you. Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He stands from his seat, stopping in front of me. "If you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." He gets down on one knee.

"Oh my, god," I whisper, covering my mouth.

"I want to love you for the rest of my life in our own house, with a few kids running around." He holds my hand. "And I want you to be my wife. Y/N, will you do me the honour of becoming Mrs Barnes?"

"Yes!" A happy tear trickles down my cheek. "Yes!"

Grabbing his face, I smash our lips together in a passionate kiss. He happily reciprocates, smiling into the kiss. When we separate, he pulls out a small, black velvet box from his pocket. Opening it, I see a ring in the middle, a diamond displayed right on top. He places it onto my shaky hand, kissing my knuckles.

I'm becoming Mrs Y/N Barnes.

———————————————
This is the last chapter of this book for a while. I will be starting my new book (Alexithymia³ - Endgame) and until I end that, I will not be adding one shots here. When I have finished that book, I will be starting this again. Thank you for the support!! It means the world to me. You all are amazing.