Comfort

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: PEOPLE WATCHING by CONAN GRAY

542 Words

As I run towards his door, my feet carry me further down the hallway. I pound on the wooden door, waiting for it to open. When it does, he smiles down at me.

"Hey, Y/N. What are you doing here?" Bucky asks me.

My mouth opens to speak, but the words don't come out. The tears slip down my cheeks as I think back on the reason I am standing in front of him. Noticing this, instead of asking me any more questions, he pulls me into a hug, pushing my face against his chest. We stand in his dorm room doorway for what feels like ages until he walks us into the room and sits us down on the couch. He strokes my hair, whispering into my ear, telling me to talk whenever I'm ready. When I am, I lift my head from his chest, looking into his eyes.

"What happened, Y/N?"

"Marcus."

"What did he do now?" He groans.

"We were in the Library, studying like usual. He keeps looking at me, and when I catch him, he looks away. I realised something was wrong, so I asked him. He got mad at me and stood up, ready to leave, and I tried to make him stay. But, he turned around and shouted at me, in front of everyone." I explain.

"What did he say?"

"He broke up with me," I whisper.

At my words, he pulls me into another hug. I cry into his shirt, wetting and ruining it. He strokes my back, kissing the crown of my head, comforting me. As I hug his waist, he leans over on the couch, grabbing the TV remote. He taps my arm, telling me to look up at him.

"Wanna watch a movie? We can eat shit food, cuddle on the couch, and watch whatever you want." He smiles down at me.

"I would love that, Bucky."

He switches on the TV, turning it onto Netflix. As the booming sound of the app echoes, we lie back on the couch, grabbing a blanket and covering it over ourselves. I snuggle into his side, leaning my head under his arm. For a few minutes, we look through the selection of movies, ultimately deciding to watch "The Office". 

Just before the episode begins, Bucky runs into the kitchen, microwaving a bag of popcorn, and brings it back to the couch in a plastic bowl. He places it on the coffee table, gets back under the blanket and hugs me again.

As we go through many episodes, we laugh, hug each other, and finish the bowl of popcorn. We laugh at every joke, with my body being lifted as I lie on his chest every time he does. With every passing episode, I feel my eyes slowly drooping. They become too heavy to keep open, so I cuddle myself further into his chest, getting comfortable. From the corner of my eyes, I can see James' body slowly falling further into the couch, falling asleep. Without complaint, we both fall asleep in each other's arms, feeling safe and comforted. For the first time since the Library incident, a huge smile spreads on my face, knowing I'm, once again, falling asleep in his arms.