Study Session¹

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: SLOW DOWN by CHASE ATLANTIC

660 Words

The rain started to pour down harder the closer I got to his house. My baby hairs stick to my forehead from a mixture of sweat from running towards the door and the raindrops. I step on the doorstep, underneath the small ledge that covers me from the downpour and rings the doorbell. I wait patiently for the door to open.

"You made it!" James ushers me inside.

I rush in through the door and the heat from inside the house instantly warms me up. James shuts the door behind me and watches the chill dissolve from my body. I shake the lasting rain off my body, letting the heat consume me.

"Hey," I say.

"H-hey." He stutters when he looks down at me.

"Everything okay?" I chuckle.

"You're wearing a white shirt and - "

I interrupt him with a "fuck" and turn around. My arms hug my body as I stare at the wall, embarrassed. I can't fucking believe I didn't think about this happening. A fucking white t-shirt and the sudden downpour. Of course, you can see through my shirt.

"Uhm...can I borrow a hoodie or something?" I ask.

"Sure." He laughs.

He jogs to his bedroom, quickly coming back into the room and handing me his black hoodie. I hastily take it from his hands, turn around in his direction and start to pull up my shirt. Expecting him to walk away, I pull the shirt further up my chest, exposing the top of my ribcage. But, he doesn't leave the room. He stands in front of me with his back turned. However, I can clearly see his eyes scanning my body through the mirror beside the front door.

"James," I warn.

"Shit, sorry." He looks at his feet.

Quickly, I take off my wet shirt, place it on the floor beside me, and slip the hoodie onto my body. It hugs my body and hangs underneath my kneecaps comfortably. I grab my wet shirt, placing it beside the front door and mentally telling myself to grab it before I leave later. I salter over to James, tap him on the shoulder and begin walking towards his front door. I can hear his heavy footsteps on the wooden floor panels as he follows me.

I leap my body onto his bed, pulling my backpack with me. James grabs his books as I take mine out and place them in front of me on his bed. James sits on the bottom of the bed with his books and a pen. We sit on his bed, studying in comfortable silence.

🦾🦾🦾

For the past 30 minutes, James has been constantly staring at me. I catch him through my eyelashes, and he shies away, looking back at his textbook, which he's barely written in. But, then he would do it again. It's gotten to the point where I have to ask.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"No?" He says, confused.

"Then why do you keep staring at me?"

"Because you're fucking beautiful." He states - like it's normal.

For the entire time that I've known him, James has been incredibly bold. But, even knowing that, he still seems to surprise me. So, I quickly raise my eyebrows at him.

"What?"

"Did I ever tell you that?" He shuts his textbook.

"N-no." I stutter.

"Well, now I did." He smirks and reaches his hand to my face, stroking my cheek. "You're very beautiful, Y/N."

He shifts on the bed, getting closer to me. With his grasp on my face, he pulls my face closer to his, pushing his lips against mine. For a second, my body tenses as my wind freezes. My head can't wrap around what is happening, so my lips don't move. But, when I finally feel his soft and plump lips against mine, I start to kiss him back. My hands grip the hairs at the back of his neck as I deepen the kiss, absolutely loving it.

———————————————
TO BE CONTINUED