4

Sunoo continued coughing, trying to catch his breath. "S-s-s-stop....please.." Sunoo whispered. "See you on Monday, faggot." Heeseung spoke up and walked away. After Heeseung had left, Sunoo used all his strength to stand up and lean against the wall behind him. His heart was rapidly breathing—he was panting, trying to catch his breath again. "Shit..." He muttered in annoyance. There was a dark bruise on the side of his abdomen. He pulled his hoodie back and down and sighed.

"Faggot."

"Faggot."

"Faggot."

He clenched his hoodie and panted heavily. 'Breath, Sunoo, Breath..' He kept thinking of something else, and eventually, he seemed to have calmed down. 'I came to get groceries, not run into him...' He mentally shuddered in fear while thinking of the latter.

After he composed himself, he continued walking to the grocery store–he needed to buy something to eat at home anyways. He covered his face with this hoodie, not wanting to attract any unknown attention from anyone. He didn't want to look like a pathetic weakling, struggling to pass through life just because some guy decided to call him a faggot and bully him. He was never one anyways.

'Why would he call me a faggot? I'm straight–I like girls–not boys. Do I...look like one...?' He widened his eyes upon the thought. 'My mom did call me pretty many times...can't boys also be considered pretty, not just handsome.' He shook his head in approval. 'Exactly, I've seen many pretty boys before...' He smiled and tucked his hands in the front pocket of his hoodie. He took his phone out to check the time, and it was 12:43 p.m. 'He wasted half of my time', he thought and placed his phone back in his pocket.

"Shit, where are my headphones.." He felt a sudden panic rush through his body, as he suddenly recalled the memory. He gasped and smacked his forehead. "I forgot to pick it up from the alleyway.." He groaned in frustration and continued walking. "Should I pick it up when I'm heading home? – Or, I could buy another one later on if I save up for it." He mumbled while nodding his head. To anyone else, he would look quite crazy–talking to himself, and gesturing as if conversing with another being or maybe a dead soul, but he liked conversing with his thoughts, he felt like he a had friend who trusted him, and understood him.

"Finally!" He cheered when he reached the store, he grabbed the store cart from the entrance and headed straight for the ice cream section. 'Should I buy some mint-choco ice cream? Do I have enough to buy the other items though?' He unintentionally puffed his cheeks while glaring at the fridge. 'Whatever, I haven't eaten ice cream in sooo long.' He pulled the fridge door, the chilly air immediately fanning his bruised face. "It feels so good..." He leaned toward the fridge, smiling widely. His nose turned red, as well as his cheeks–he could feel the other passerby's stare, but he didn't care. When he stepped back from the fridge, to grab the ice cream, he bumped into someone. He was about to turn around to face the person and apologize, but he felt someone's arms hugging him from the back. Sunoo blushed, and his heart fluttered upon the sudden gentle touch. He turned back and faced the said latter, and to his surprise, it was someone he recognized–but wasn't familiar with.

"Park Sunghoon?" Sunoo raised his eyebrows in confusion, as he staggered in his arms. "W-what are you doing here?" He mentally cursed himself for stuttering. "I wanted to get some ice cream, and I saw someone familiar peeking inside the fridge." He chuckled under his breath. 'Isn't he one of Heeseung's assholes? Why is he being so nice to me right now?' He wanted to push Sunghoon off of him, but he gently wiggled his way out of Sunghoon's arms. "Ah...I see.." Sunoo wanted to disappear–and never be seen again, but he had to be polite to him–or does he?

"Soo, what are you doing here?" Sunghoon cleared his throat and stepped back. "I'm buying ice cream, isn't it obvious," Sunoo responded, quite confused as to why Sunghoon would ask such an obvious question. 'He's stupider than I expected.' Sunoo blankly stared at him, with no emotions present whatsoever. "Hey.." Sunghoon leaned closer to Sunoo, and gently caressed his cheek with his finger. "What happened to your face..?" He genuinely seemed concerned. His voice had a slight hint of uneasiness present. Sunoo's eyes widened, as he halted. 'Shit Sunoo, don't fucking blush.' He wanted to run away, but he didn't know what to do. "I-I fell." Sunoo immediately came up with the most common excuse. Sunghoon smirked and held his cheeks with his warm hands. "W-what are y-you doing?" Sunoo's heart started running laps around his chest. 'What the fuck is he trying to do? SHIT! NO MOTHERFUCKING HOLY BAZUGAS WAY?! IS HE ABOUT TO KISS ME?!' Sunoo yelped when Sunghoon leaned even closer–their faces were inches away from each other. Sunoo closed his eyes, not knowing what else to do–but the soft warmth disappeared. Sunoo opened his eyes and he felt his world shatter.

"Why did you close your eyes? Did you think...I was going to kiss you?" Sunghoon bursted into laughter, as he held his stomach to from almost wheezing. "You're dreaming, Park Sunghoon...I-I closed my eyes in fear...I thought you were going to hit me. Don't get the wrong ideas." He sternly spoke, trying his best not to stutter anymore. Sunghoon stopped laughing, he seemed almost–sad. He was about to speak when someone's loud voice cut him off.

"YAH! SUNGHOON!" It was the same voice, the voice Sunoo loathed. "WHAT THE–" He glanced at Sunghoon and back at Sunoo when he saw the both together. Sunghoon immediately backed away in response and acted lost. "Yeah, sorry hyung, I wanted to buy some ice cream." He cleared his throat and walked away from Sunoo. Heeseung was still as confused as to why he was standing next to Sunoo–that close. It almost looked like they were about to kiss. 'What the fuck are you thinking Heeseung?' Heeseung rolled his eyes. He glared at Sunoo and decided to play with him now that he ran into him again. 'I wasn't expecting him to come here–out of all the grocery stores? This one? He's really something, huh? I thought he would cower away in fear after that.' He smirked and walked closer to Sunoo, who seemed to have been panicking. He staggered and tumbled while trying to back away, but he hit Sunghoon's back again.

"Hold him Sunghoon," Heeseung commanded. Sunghoon's eyes widened in shock. He has never had the intention to hurt Sunoo, he just wanted to hang with the group for popularity. "W-what? Hold him? Why?" Sunghoon panicked and shook his head in disapproval. "I said, hold him down." Heeseung frowned and scowled at Sunghoon's unexpected reaction. "I-I need to go." Sunoo blabbered, and before Heeseung could reach him, Sunoo had escaped from the unsettling situation.

Sunoo ran until he reached far enough from the monster. He stopped to take a breath and calm himself. "Why did I have to run into him again?!" He slammed his head backward, only to feel the metal shelf. "Agh!" He rubbed the back of his head and ruffled his hair. He placed his hoodie back on and gathered the other items, trying his best to avoid the two people he ran into earlier.