Chapter XXIV

'sometimes all I think about is you'

It was now two weeks since the interrogation at the police station. Ray had moved in with Ash. He spent hours putting together an Ikea wardrobe and dresser for Ray's stuff and he even let her decorate their room with her candles and colorful paintings. Now his room had lost any street cred he had left but he couldn't give two shits, the smile on Ray's face was worth it.

Today was the big day, Lexi's play. She was a bunch of nerves because a member of the scholarship team at Columbia was attending her play and Fez would be right there supporting her from the audience.

What Lexi didn't know was the surprise that Fez had planned for her after the show.

'Yo Ash, come collect your suit,' Fez yelled out. He had sent his and Ash's tux for dry cleaning, so they'd look extra sharp for the big day. Ash was happy for Fez, he deserved everything his heart wanted and Ash would always support him.

Ash, Ray, Fez and Faye were getting ready for the play. Fezco was fiddling with his suit jacket and kept adjusting it.

'Yo, you think I look good?' Fez asked Faye

'You think Lexi will think I'm handsome?' he followed up

Before Faye could reply, Ash interjected. 'Yo she's your girlfriend of course she thinks you're handsome, what the fuck. You look fresh as hell'

'You look real nice bro' Faye added

'Yeah huh?' Fez said as he grabbed Lexi's bouquet from the table.

'Aight, we leave in ten.' he said

Ash knocked on his door. Something he was not used to. But this was now Ray's room too, which meant leaving it when she was changing.

'You ready ma?' he asked

'Almost, come in baby.' Ray replied.

'You gotta -' Ash said as he was opening the door but one look at Ray had him stopping in his tracks. She was wearing a red ruffled bandage dress that hugged her in all the right places. It fell just above her knee, giving him the opportunity to stare at her legs. He took a moment to shamelessly check her out, something he'd done ample of times. Her curly hair was styled and shaped her face perfectly. Her makeup looked stunning, he assumed it was called a smokey eye? He had been hearing Ray talk about it for the past couple of days.

'Boy my eyes are up here' Ray said as she laughed.

'Well what can I say sunshine, you sure know how to take my breath away.' Ash replied as he moved closer to her.

Ray blushed and smacked his hand away. Stop tryna cop a feel, we're gonna be late.

'Does this mean I can cop a feel later?' Ash asked cheekily as he kissed her shoulders.

'Only if you behave' Ray replied as she rushed to grab her clutch.

The four of them made their way to Euphoria high.

Lexi was nervous. In fact, nervous would be an understatement. She peered behind the curtains backstage, the auditorium was full. She saw Fez sitting in the front row. He looked so handsome in his tux, she felt herself tear up. At that moment, nothing mattered. She had Fezco and that was all she needed.

Fez : We're here pretty girl

Lex : I know, I see you sitting front row

Lex : You look so handsome!!