Chapter XVI

' something bad is 'bout to happen to me, I don't know it but I feel it coming ' 

'

Hey Lexi' Ray said as she approached Lexi

Lexi hugged her and led her inside the house. Over the past few months Ray and Lexi had been hanging out a lot more. They were close and shared multiple similar interests which was good. Lexi and her had girl nights and she felt like Lexi was her big sister. Plus Lexi and Fez were so cute together.

'What are we doing tonight?' Lexi asked Ray

'Remember how you wanted me to teach you the recipe for the cinnamon rolls? Well I have some supplies with me, we could bake them and watch a movie and chill, if that's aight?' Ray asked her.

'Sounds good Ray' Lexi said as she went to the pantry to grab snacks

The girls danced around to music whilst Modern Family played on the TV. The two girls were blissfully unaware of what was happening on the other side of town.

Ash knew they were short of money. About 30K short. They were never short of money, usually always making a profit but this month was shit.

They got raided by the police. Nothing happened obviously but the drugs needed to be flushed down the toilet. With Mouse coming over tonight, Ash didn't know how they were going to pay Mouse the money they owed him. To be fair, Fez and Ash had loads of savings. They could just withdraw the 30K from their bank account.

Ash did not know what Fez's plans were. Ash asked him a few days ago if they should go to the bank and make a withdrawal but Fez told him it would be suspicious. People did not withdraw 30K in cash. People paid for big purchases via card these days and not in stacks of cash, so it'd alert the bank that they might be doing suspicious activity, which to be fair : they were.

Fez did not say anything further. Ash wish Fez would just fucking tell him what the plan was. Two is always better than one and Ash did not want Fez trying to do something shady by himself. Ash knew Fez was protecting him but once you're in this life, there's no such thing as 'protecting'.

What made it worse was that neither Lexi nor Ray knew about this shit. They knew about the raid but they didn't know how the drug game worked or who Mouse was. Or that Fez and Ash were short 30K. Or that Mouse was a crazy motherfucker.

Ash reached the house. Fez wasn't there which made Ash worried. Mouse was gonna be here in ten, where did Fez go?. Ash went to his room. He had a sweet spot in his room that allowed him to see through into the living room and observe everything without being spotted.

About ten minutes later, there was a loud banging on the door.

Ash checked his gun in his pocket and took a deep breath. Fez still wasn't here.

'Sup?' Ash said as he opened the door for Mouse and Custer

'What's good kiddo?' Mouse said as he nodded at Ash

Ash contemplated shooting Mouse right then and there.

'Nothing man, Fez will be here soon' Ash said as he went back to his room.

Mouse never dealt with him personally. Fez was the dealer, Ash was just his helping hand.

Ash tried messaging Fez but he didn't get a reply. He was tempted to call Fez but if Fez was doing something shady he did not want to distract him or cause his phone to ring.

About fifteen minutes later the door opened. Fez walked in and threw a wad of cash at Custer.

'You're late' Mouse said to Fez