Chapter XXIII

' we will never go back to that blood-shed, 

crimson clover, uh-huh, the worst was over, 

my hand was the one you reached for, 

all through out the Great War'

It was a long, grueling three hours. Ash, Faye and Fez were interrogated in separate rooms but after three hours the police let them go and were convinced Custer was responsible for Mouse's death.

Fez wanted nothing more to call Lexi before going to have a hot, long shower. As they exited the station, Faye felt a bit awkward. With Custer being gone, she felt alone. Admittedly he was a shitty boyfriend, but at least she had somebody. Jumping from foster home to foster home when she was younger and becoming an addict when she was fifteen didn't make her the number one choice for a friend.

Fez looked around. 'Yo Faye, you not coming with us?' Fez asked

'Uhm i'm not really sure. I don't wanna impose but I don't got nowhere else to go' she mumbled embarrassed.

'Just shut the fuck up and get in the car Faye, it's the least we can do for you since you helped us with the whole Mouse murder shit. You can stay for as long as you like as long as you try to get clean and do something with yo life' Fez said as he awkwardly patted her shoulder.

Hugging anyone other than Lex was a foreign concept to Fez.

Ash was already seated in the car and observed Faye and Fez talking. For the first time in his life, he felt relieved, he didn't need to look behind his shoulder for once. He was brought out of his thoughts by his phone ringing.

Ashtray rushed to pick it up.

'Oh my god you picked up, you're alive, thank fuck' Ray said

Ash laughed, 'Babygirl of course I'm alive'

'Shut up you and I both know that you could have died Ash' Ray replied sighing

'I know baby but it's all good. Custer's in jail for Mouse's death. We're in the clear which is a relief.' Ash said

'Does that mean you guys aren't gonna continue doing this?' Ray asked

'Nah, it's gonna be a fresh start for us, might go finish school and that shit you know. Move in with ma girl if she wants' Ash said coyly

Ray squealed, 'Are you asking me to move in with you?'

'I mean only if you want, I ain't tryna force you, like you are free to do what you want I-' Ash rambled.

'Oh my god baby yes, like yes' Ray exclaimed.

She didn't care that they were young. Ash was the best thing in her life and she was happy to leave her god forsaken parents that abused her and didn't give two shits about her. Yes this was a big move to take but Ray had a strong feeling she would never regret this decision.

A/N : oh my god!!!!! DONT KILL ME, it's been a crazy couple of months and I feel so so bad but here's a super short chapter but the next chapter is the epilogue <33333333 THANK YOU MY LOVELIES FOR 100K READSSS!