Chapter XVIII

' you saved me once and now i'll save you too'

Ray sighed. It has been two weeks now since the Mouse incident. Everything was going good till three days ago.

Fez and Ash met up with some lady called Laurie who had been supplying drugs to Mouse. They were dealing directly with her now. Nobody really asked questions about Mouse except for his baby mama but that was dealt with.

Custer's girlfriend Faye started living with Ash and Fez. Ash was so mad, he couldn't even speak to Fez.

So the last two weeks have been interesting to say the least.

Ray had been sleeping over more often now, as she felt Ash needed her around to stay sane. She was just trying to be as supportive as possible, given all that has happened.

The last two days though, she noticed a change in Ash. He had been avoiding her. He woke up earlier than her and left for the store. His replies to her messages were so dry. He came back home after 12 am, when Ray was already fast asleep.

She tried not to think much of it. She knew Ash was stressed, with running the store, having to deal with Mouse, Laurie and Faye. She knew his mind was preoccupied with much more important issues. So she knew not to think much of him ignoring her. Maybe she was just jumping to conclusions.

Maybe going to the party today will help her ease her mind. She didn't want to go but Ray thought fuck it. Maybe this will be the distraction she needs from recent events.

Ray : Ok fuck it, I'm coming tonight. I'll meet you at yours.

Kayla : Yasss bitch, we will have so much fun! See you at 7.

Ray instinctively wanted to text Ash and let him know that she was going to the party but decided against it when he saw that he had left her on read.

Ray didn't have the energy to fully dress up but she decided she should at least look decent. She threw on a pair of black shorts and a white shirt with a few buttons undone. She threw her gold hoops and jewelry before letting her hair down. She paired it with a pair of heels before walking to Kayla's place.

When they arrived at the party, it was already swarming with people.

Ray and Kayla began to make their way inside. They went to get a drink and Ray glanced at the backyard.

She spotted Ash in the garden, talking to a few kids and dealing. She could feel herself getting upset. Why didn't he tell her that he was going to a party tonight. She didn't know what she'd done to get the silent treatment but she was not going to go up to him and ask him.

If he wanted to ignore her, then so be it. She poured herself a drink and made her way to the dance floor.

Ray was having a good time, the music along with pizza and the drinks put her in a good mood but now three hours into the party she started to get tired and wanted to go home.

Kayla was nowhere to be found, so Ray decided to search for her. Ray made her way upstairs, checking the rooms to see if she could find Kayla.

She was looking at her phone when she bumped into someone.

'Shit sorry, I didn't look where I was going' Ray said as she looked up from her phone and felt her heart drop.