Chapter XXII

' ash was his brother,

he loved him like a brother

and when shit when down

he went to war like a brother'

It's been a full day, and no sign of Custer yet. The tension was thick, you could practically feel it in the air. Neither Ash nor Fez got any sleep that night. It was clear that Custer would show up in the morning.

Ash spent the night staring at his wall. As much as he wanted to call Ray and just hear her voice, he knew it was best to stay low. If he and Fez did end up getting caught by the police, the last thing he wanted was for them to question Ray. She didn't deserve any of this.

Daylight seeped through the windows and lit the home with a golden hue. Ash poured himself a bowl of cereal. Even if it all went to shit, at least he had some breakfast. Fez made his way to the living room, giving Ash a nod.

Fez was stressed, his head felt like it might just explode with all the thoughts running through his head. His headache was worsening and he wished Lexi was with him. He wanted to feel her fingers rubbing his head and her soft voice soothing him.

Today was Lexi's play. Fez didn't know the whole plot because according to Lexi it was a surprise but what Fez did know was that Lexi was nervous. She was worried that the play might upset some people. Moreover, a scout from NYU  was going to be present at the play to assess Lexi's scholarship for University. Fez knew how much today meant to her. He wanted to drop everything and go be there for her but fuck the timing of all of this could not have been worse.

Fez said a prayer and hoped that today would go over as smoothly as possible.

It wasn't long after, a knock broke the silence.

Ash opened the door.

'Yo what's up man' Custer says as he enters.

Ash barely acknowledges him and heads back to his room.

Custer makes his way into the couch and sits. Faye walks up to him and leans over to whisper. She needed to play her part right so Custer didn't get suspicious.

'Yo Faye can you come here for a second' Fez calls out.

Faye leaves Custer and makes her way to the back of the house. Custer continues smoking in the living room. Ash makes his way to the living room. Under his tracksuit sleeve is a knife tucked away. Fez prohibited anyone having guns on them today, just in case the police searched them. All the guns were registered but it was just an extra safeguard.

Ashtray sat across Custer, a grimace lining his features. He sat down without saying a word. Even though it didn't seem like it, Ash's heart was pounding.

'How you doing playa?' Custer asked

Ash just ignored him.

Ash sized Custer up as he sat down. Custer had to have a wire on him.

Faye came into the kitchen and reached for a glass. She filled it up with water as she observed the scene in the living room.

All of them were on edge. Who was going to make the first move?

Fez soon after entered the kitchen too.

'So imma just head to the store now' Fez said.

'You leaving now?' Custer asked

'Yeah man, is everything good?' Fez asked

'Yeah before you go bro I really got to talk to you about something' Custer said.

Fez took a deep breath.

'Like what man?' he asked

'Everything' was Custer's cryptic reply

'The fuck is you talking about bruh?' Fez asked annoyed

'Bro the fucking cops found Mouse's body' Custer said

Before the words left Custer's lips, a glass shattered breaking the eerie tension in the room.

Faye was scared. Her, Fez nor Ash really prepared for that.

She bent down to pick up the pieces and locked eyes with Fez.

Fez walked from the kitchen into the living room.

'Did you hear what I said?' Custer asked

'I thought you told me that Lori killed Mouse right?' Faye said

Custer laughed, 'I never said that what you talking about' he said confused

'You know Lori the drug dealer that lives in the apartment complex off Kemper. The one you and Mouse work for' Faye added

'Yo why you lying. You literally told us Lori killed Mouse which is why you asked if your girlfriend Faye could stay here for a bit because you didn't want Lori to hurt her' Fez said

'I fucking did you a favour bro. I don't even know you like that' he added.

'I never said that' Custer repeated a bit louder this time. 'Are you high?' he asked

'No, you know Lori and those fucking people, they scare me. Why are you trying to protect them? Faye asks

'I'm not fucking protecting anyone. What the fuck?' Custer yells angrily

'So you're working for Lori?' Faye asks

'You little shit, are you trying to get us involved so the cops don't go after Lori?' Ash asks

'I'm confused as shit.' Custer says

'You're confused, I'm fucking confused bro' Fez says

'Why are you trying to cover up a murder that she commited?' Faye says.

'Alright know I think it's time for you to leave man' Fez says

'I think the fuck not' Custer yells as he stands up and shoves Fez

It took every bone in Fez's body to not punch him. He knew the cops were listening.

'Stop attacking me' Fez said

Before anyone else could say anything, they heard a banging on the door.

'LAPD nobody move' a police officer shouted before they burst through the door and tackled Custer.

'Put your hands behind your back. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law' an officer said as they cuffed Custer

Custer was swearing and yelling his way out of the house. A few police officer's approached the rest of them.

'I'm going to need to ask you a few questions' he said

Either ways, Ash and Fez felt relief seep through their hearts. The hardest part was done. They had a shot at a clean life, a life void of drugs and stress.

Maybe this was it.

A/N : HEYYYY!! Hope you all liked this chapter! One more chapter before the epilogue hehehe <33