Chapter XX

'I've been staring up at the greyest skies, trying to find myself some luck, but it's running dry'

Fez was worried. He knew it was only a matter of time before the police showed up knocking on the door. He knew he needed to frame someone else for Mouse's death. He just didn't know who.

Lexi could feel the stress Fez was under. She soothingly rubbed his back as she did her best to support both boys. Whether it meant cooking warm meals or being a listening ear, she did whatever she could.

A couple of feet away Ray and Ash were hanging out. Ash was on discord on the computer and Ray was lounging on the bean bag playing games on her phone. Ray was just about to ask Ash if he wanted some pasta but she was interrupted by Faye who was carrying a big black bag.

Ash turned to look at Faye questioningly.

'I'm just taking the trash out,' Faye said as she walked over to the back door.

Ash looked at her suspiciously as it was pouring rain outside but he shook it off and went to the bathroom.

Thanks to Ray he had stopped being an ass towards Faye. He wasn't nice to her but he wasn't mean either. He just kinda ignored her.

Ash was using his phone as he peed, not really giving Faye much thought.

Ray felt the need to get up from her bean bag and stretch. As she did, she peered into the CCTV cameras to check what was taking Faye so long. As she squinted closer, she could see that Faye was speaking to someone near the bins. Ray could not make out who this person was but clearly Faye was up to something shady.

Ray heard Ash flush the toilet and he started walking towards her.

Ray shook her head and said, 'Fucking wash your hands Ash, that's nasty' as she shooed him away.

Ash laughed and groaned, 'Ok mom'.

'Hey! Hygiene is nothing to be ashamed of' Ray replied.

Faye opened the back door and scurried inside, dripping from the rain. She barely glanced at them as she shuffled back inside.

'Ash' Ray said seriously as she beckoned Ash closer to her.

Ash raised his eyebrows but scooted closer to Ray anyways.

'When Faye went out just now, I saw her talking to someone else. I saw it through the CCTV. You should rewind it to check,' Ray said.

'Fucking hell, I bet it's that shithead Custer' Ash muttered as he moved towards the cameras to try and figure out who this mystery person was.

It didn't take Ash long to figure out that it was Custer. Ash knew the only reason Custer would risk being seen and contacted Faye was because he probably worked a deal out with the Feds. The fucking ungrateful piece of shit. Ash knew he needed to speak with Fez immediately.

'You need to leave ma' Ash said as he ushered Ray out into the hall.

'Lemme just get Lexi as well and maybe ya'll can get an uber pool'.

Ash knocked softly on his brother's door. He opened it before Fez could answer.

'Yo we got a code Red. Lexi and Ray gotta leave, like now' Ash said.

'Code Red, what's a Code Red that sounds dangerous?' Lexi asked worriedly as she felt her brain go into overdrive.

Fez could practically see the anxiety building up in her smart little brain.

'Listen Lex, it's nothing okay. Look at me, it's nothing. Nothing I can't handle. Ash and I are going to get out. No more drugs or guns or running. We just need to sort out the Mouse problem and sell off our last batch. We can move into a little farm, just us.' Fez said as he kissed Lexi's forehead.

'I'll fill you in tonight Lex' Fez said as he walked Lexi to the front door.

'Iono what kinda shit you promised your girl but I can assure you I ain't staying in a farm' Ash said but a part of him knew Ray would love the idea of having a little farm with stupid animals and some stupid farm to table concept.

Maybe a farm wasn't the worst idea Ash mused.

The boys said goodbye to the girls before it was down to business. Ash filled Fez in on what he knew about Faye.

Fez stared off into space. He found it the best way to think. It helped him separate his thoughts.

'Custer is definitely going to show up at the front door soon' Ash said, interrupting Fez's train of thought.

'You're right. He's gonna try to get us to fess up that you killed Mouse' Fez said.

'Which is why we shouldn't say shit' Ash said as he rubbed his palms to calm his anxiety down.

'We can do a little better. We can blame him for Mouse's death,' Fez said as Ash looked at him shocked.

'You brother are a fucking genius' Ash replied.

'Like come on, how fucking suspicious does Custer look? He chose to go to the police, he was Mouse's right hand man. It looks like he took out his superior to run his business and now is tryna frame a lower level drug dealer'.

'Well there's just one person to talk to' Fez said as him and Ash looked at each other.

A/N : HEHEHE IM BACK YA'LLL!! Felt like this was much deserved given my absence for two months! Hope ya'll like it! Stay tuned for more my loves x