Chapter IV

' Babe there's something so lonesome about you, something so wholesome about you'

Ray tried to keep her cool as she went about the bakery closing everything down. She pretended like she couldn't feel Ashtray staring at her. Watching her every move. Like a predator sizing up prey but there was nothing predatory about his stare. He was gazing at her and Ash was anything but shy. If he wanted to shamelessly stare at her, he fucking would.

Ashtray watched her as she moved about. How her earrings made noises as she scurried here and there. How her eyes glazed over in concentration and how she bit her lip when she was focused.

Ash thought about how we wanted to bite her lip and then immediately shoved the thought away. He shuddered in disgust at himself and almost wanted to laugh out loud. Here he was simping over this beautiful woman when he spent everyday making fun of Fez and Lexi and how gross their love was. But he figured Ray would think he was crazy if he just started laughing outta nowhere.

Ash also shamelessly checked her out when she wasn't looking. She was shorter than him, which he liked. He liked the way her sundress hugged her in all the right places and he couldn't lie, she had a nice ass.

Ray coughed, breaking Ashtray from his daydream. A faint blush appeared on his cheeks, feeling a little embarrassed that he was caught slacking.

'I'm done closing the shop,' Ray told Ash.

'Aight let's head out' Ash told her as he stuck out his hand for her to take.

Ray could feel her heart beating so fast, she wondered if Ash could hear it too. Did this boy just indirectly ask her to hold his hand?. She felt like her heart might just leave her chest. 

Ash tray suddenly felt stupid as Ray stared at his hand. He shouldn't have been so bold, he was about to retract his hand when she reached out to grab it.

The minute their hands touched, as cheesy as it was, they both could feel sparks. Not the fireworks type shit but just a slight electricity.

Ray noted how perfectly their hands fit together. How soft his palms felt against hers. He had a firm grip, which seemed apt Ray thought. Ash was confident, he carried himself with the confidence of someone that could beat your ass, so it made sense that his grip was confident too.

Why did everything about this boy have to be so hot and intimidating at the same time. With each step to the car, she felt her crush on this boy growing and at this rate, she felt like she was going to explode.

Ash opened the door of the vintage Corvette. Him and Fez didn't drive the car often, but he took it out of the garage today in hopes of lowkey flexing. Ray let go of his hand as she got into the passenger seat and he found himself missing the warmth of her hands.

He inwardly groaned, since when was he a corny motherfucker.

Ash drove in comfortable silence and Ray tried her best to discreetly observe him. She noted how he never spoke much and any time he spoke it felt like he thought about his words carefully before saying anything . He was wearing gray sweatpants with a white t-shirt. He had two chains dangling around his neck. One was a gold cuban link and the other was a diamond necklace. He looked so attractive, Ray could feel herself getting hot and bothered.

Ash could feel Ray checking him out and he turned to her and said 'Listen ma, if you want a piece, you just gotta ask ok?' and Ray felt her cheeks flush for the second time today.

'Ok playa, don't get too ahead of yourself now' she quipped back at Ash.

Ash smirked, he didn't expect the sarcasm but he welcomed it. He loved a good verbal fight as much as a physical one.

'So do you always close by yourself? Do your parents not come in to check business?' Ash asked Ray.

He noticed she got a little fidgety before saying, 'Not on the weekends, but on the weekdays they do close up most of the time. They don't manage the bakery much.'

Ash could tell it was a touchy subject so he didn't pry.

'What was your address again?' Ash asked Ray.

She told him and Ash was surprised but it didn't show on his face. He was always good at having poker face.

Ray's address was in a rough part of town. Like seriously rough. Like dudes doing heroin in the middle of the street typa rough. Ash and Fez sold to a bunch of people in the area. Ray with her watermelon earrings, bright sundresses and soft skin didn't belong. The idea of her walking in her neighbourhood made him feel uneasy, and that was saying something.

But he wasn't one to judge, he was just slightly concerned.

The car slowed down as it reached her house. Ash got out of the car and opened Ray's door.

'Thank you so much for all your help today. With the guys and for waiting and dropping me back. I really appreciate it, you didn't need to' Ray rambled.

'If you say sorry one more time shawty, I'll give you something to be sorry about' he said jokingly.

'I'm sure I can handle it' Ray teased back, smirking a little

Ash closed the gap between them and said, 'You better watch what you wish for mama', before pressing a kiss into her cheek.

Ray was so glad it was dark outside, so Ash couldn't see how red her face was. Damn him and his ability to get her all flustered.

'Night Ash' she said softly

'Oh uhm before you go, you should take my number, in case you ever need me to beat up someone' Ash mumbled.

'Oh uhm yes of course. Here' she said as she passed him her phone. He typed his number in and watched her make her way inside her home before he drove off.

A/N : Hey guys, just a one chapter update today! I hope you liked it. Till next time x