Chapter I

Hey guys! SO FIRST OFF, what the fuck was the Season 2 ending?? like I knew it was most likely going to happen but I CANNOT believe this 😭😭😭. Anyways, this fanfic ignores everything shitty about Season 2 and Ash is still here HAHAHA. I always thought it would be so nice to see a softer side to Ash, him meeting a girl, trying to navigate his feelings and maybe even needing Fez for advice. Just a cute, little fluff story that Ash stans NEED after Season 2 

                                                                                        CHAPTER I 

Ashtray sighed and looked at his watch. The shipment was late. Again.

These fuckers had no respect for time. He heard the beeping of the white truck as it was pulling up into the back of the shop.

'What the fuck man, ya'll always late' said Ash. He didn't yell, he didn't need to. They knew he'd prolly smack their ass in a heartbeat.

'No man, I'm sorry there's been mad traffic' said Custer

'Yeah I know you're full of shit man' said Ashtray.

Lemme just check the product and then you can load it up in the back over here and leave said Ash

As they were loading the stuff, Ash started closing the shop down. Usually Fez would be here to oversee everything, with Ash being the silent observer, just checking, making sure everything was in order but Fezo wasn't in town today. Fez and Lexi went on holiday to New York for five days, something about a 6 month anniversary.

Ash liked Lexi. She was smart, kind and Ash could tell she had no bad intentions. She was sweet and baked really good cupcakes. Plus she made Fez happy. Now Ash didn't know how it was gonna work out long term cause he had a feeling Lexi might not want to get married to a drug dealer. Eh, not really his problem.

He shut the shop and got into his car. Fez being away gave him more time to do one thing he enjoyed outside of discord : people watching. For the past two weeks, he'd been observing this new girl in town, Ray. Pretty apt name considering she was like a Ray of sunshine.

Now, time to clarify. Nothing about this was stalkerish. Ok, maybe just a little. Two weeks ago Ash was tired and hungry. He hadn't had time to grab cereal in the morning and it was 2pm. He pulled up on Monte Street and headed into the first shop he could see.

And that's when he met her. Ray. She was standing there all pretty and shit, with a yellow sundress and these watermelon earrings like she'd come out of the '90s or something. He waited in line, something he rarely did and watched her. The way she was smiling and laughing with customers. She looked about 15, so he assumed her family owned the bakery or she was human trafficked.

Ash did not fuck with human trafficking. Plus she looked too happy to be trafficked?

Anyways, long story short, ever since that day he'd been visiting the bakery.

He walked in, and the little bell signaled to Ray that a new customer had walked in.

The place was empty today. To be fair it was 7pm.

Ray smiled at Ash. He'd been coming in everyday for a while now and she knew his order by heart. She also noticed how he rarely smiled, the tattoos on his face but most of all, how handsome he was? She was new to town but she could tell he was bad news. Too bad she'd loved a bad boy. She blames Wattpad.

Ash took a moment to soak in Ray today. She was wearing a baby blue top with little daisies and a white skirt with some tights and cat shoes? Cat flats? No shoes that looked like Cats. Point being, she looked really pretty.

Your usual? Ray asked him.

One hot chocolate coming right up!

Yes, Ash liked hot chocolate. Yes he knew it was so not gangsta but what was he supposed to drink? Coffee? That shit tastes so bad. Hot chocolate was like a warm hug, especially with the marshmallows Ray put on his. Ash would deny any of this information if anyone ever asked him about it.

'Uh yeah' said Ash

Ray handed him the cup. He took a sip, uhm delicious as always. He didn't say anything though.

'Oh shoot, I almost forgot! Your cinnamon roll! said Ray.

Ashtray, raised an eyebrow at her while looking at the empty pastry display

'It was selling out so fast today, I was worried we might run out. So I saved one for you, lemme grab it.' said Ray with a faint blush on her cheeks as she scurried away.

Ash smiled. Like actually smiled. She remembered his cinnamon roll and she looked like a cinnamon roll. This shit was too cute.

He paused. He knew he couldn't come back anymore. She was a distraction. Something he could not afford.

He thought about what if for a moment he wasn't who he was. Like Ash minus the drugs and danger. How he'd ask her out and they'd go on a picnic and talk about growing up and their ambitions. And maybe how he'd have a normal life where he didn't have to worry about if the next motherfucker that walked through the door wanted to kill him or fez.

But that was not reality.

'Here you go' said Ray. It'll be $3.50

Ash handed her a $20 bill and told her to keep the change.

'Thank you and have a lovely evening' said Ray.

'You too ma'am' said Ash as he walked away knowing he wouldn't be coming around no more.