Chapter XIV

' I love it when you talk that nerdy shit '

'So where are we going' Ray asked as Ash began to drive

'Well I'm not going to tell you exactly but we're going to the town nearby' Ash said as he played his playlist.

The 20 minute drive consisted of them vibing and Ray dancing to the music. Ash pulled up to the restaurant and Ray looked outside. It was a sushi place, a very fancy looking one at that.

'Wait.. sushi??' Ray asked Ash excitedly

'Yeah well I remember you telling me sushi and ramen are one of your favourite foods, so here we are' he said with a faint blush.

Ash had made reservations in a private room and the table had candles and flowers.

'What the fuck Ash, you really shouldn't have done all this, it looks expensive' Ray muttered under her breath.

Ash lifted her chin up and said 'Listen baby I wanted to take you somewhere nice for our first date, just let me, you deserve to be treated well' as he kissed her

Ray fought the urge to cry, this boy was too sweet.

Dinner went splendid, with conversation flowing between them. Over the weeks they've gotten to know each other really well and it was evident at how they knew what each other was thinking or feeling.

After dinner, Ash led Ray on a little walk.

Ray looked at Ash suspiciously, 'Uhm is this how I find out you were planning to kill me all along?' she asked

'Yes, unfortunately yes' Ash said deadpanned as his arms reached out and he began to tickle Ray.

'WHAT THE FUCK' Ray laughed out in between being tickled as she ran away from Ash

'Okay, Okay I yield' Ray yelled out as she tried to catch her breath.

Ash looked at her and for a moment he felt his heart beating so loudly. God she was fucking beautiful. Her face was flushed due to running around, her hair was all over the place and her laugh had reduced to a big smile that lit up her face. She truly looked like a ray of sunshine and he felt himself having to catch his breath.

'Come here' Ash said as he extended his arms

Ray looked at him suspiciously as she went over to him. Ash wrapped his arms around her as he pressed a kiss on her head.

'Ash..' Ray began

'Hmm' Ash hummed back, content

'I got you something' Ray told him as she pulled away from his embrace to reach into her purse.

'What? You literally did not need to get me anything ma. Please tell me you didn't actually get me anything' Ash told her

'Don't kill me but I wanted to get you a little something to tell you I appreciate everything you've done for me these past couple of weeks' Ray told him as she passed him the box.

Ash looked at the box and he immediately recognised it.

'Ray' Ash said firmly

'What the fuck baby, this is where i get my jewellery from. This is expensive' 'Nah you gotta return it, I can't accept it' Ash said as he pushed the box towards her.

'Yeah I got it from the place you usually go to but so what. I got this for you and if you don't accept my gift, imma get mad, it's disrespectful' Ray told him