Chapter XII

' life was a willow and it bent right to your wind'

'Yes I'd love to' Ray said with a slight blush. She couldn't believe what just happened. They just kissed and she didn't want to stop.

'Uhm, I don't have a change of clothes' Ray trailed on

'Oh right, uhm here' Ash said as he handed her a t-shirt and a pair of boxers.

Ray grabbed them and headed to the bathroom. When she put it on, she became painfully aware of how the t-shirt fell just mid thigh and she felt very exposed. She tried to pull the t-shirt down in hopes to stretch it but it didn't work.

She decided to say fuck it and just walk out. Ray self-consciously stepped out of the bathroom. Ash was lying on his bed, on his phone. He looked up as he heard Ray open the bathroom door.

Ash felt his mouth go dry as his eyes shamelessly roamed her body. Ray could feel her face heat up at Ash's intense gaze.

'What?' she said shyly 'Stop staring at me'.

'Well it's your fault for being so damn fine' he muttered back as he patted the spot next to him.

Ray plopped next to him exhausted. The pain had settled due to the painkillers but it was still sore as hell. Ray tried to ignore how much of her legs were on display as she laid down. Ray was relatively confident when it came to her body but she always felt like her thighs were bigger than the 'norm'. She didn't have a thigh gap by any means but she told herself to relax, it's just Ash and who gives a shit about thigh gaps anyway.

Ash really couldn't help it as he looked at Ray again. She was lost in thought so Ash took a moment to gaze at her, not that he ever was shy to do it before. He couldn't stop thinking how nice it'd feel if her thighs were wrapped around him instead of next to him, taunting him, driving him mad.

'Whatchu thinking 'bout sunshine?' Ash asked her

'Oh nothing,' Ray replied.

'Sunshine? You haven't used that name in a while' Ray mentioned

Ash smiled, 'There's just too many cute names to call you, I can never settle'

Ray laughed and smacked his arm, 'Look at you getting all soft'

Ash laughed and said 'Don't go telling anyone now'.

'Ray' Ash's voice became serious

He began absentmindedly rubbing circles on Ray's inner thigh, feeling her soft skin. She tried to not act affected by it but it was becoming increasingly hard to pretend that the tingles didn't affect her.

'Hmm' she hummed back at him

'Were you actually gonna tell me what happened if I didn't find you walking down the street?' he asked her.

Ray thought about it for a moment before turning to face Ash. 'Yeah I would've. It's not like I could hide from you for days till the bruises disappeared' she said

'But I did feel conflicted about telling you though' she added

Ash looked at her expectantly, encouraging her to continue

'It's just you have a lot on your plate to focus on and you gotta be on your A-game all the time. Worrying about me or always having to be there for me could derail you' she told him

'I'm gonna worry about you either way baby, whether you tell me or not' Ash said.

'Listen, I'm gonna pay your dad a little visit' Ash told her firmly.