Chapter IX

' you ask me what I'm thinking about, I tell you I'm thinking about, whatever you're thinking about.'

Friday went by fairly quickly. Ray and Ash were pretty busy, Ray with school and the bakery and Ash with the store. Ray was looking forward to seeing Ash on Saturday. She wondered what he had planned for them.

Ash was feeling like shit. He never really got sick but he for some reason was sneezing a lot and he could feel a cold coming.

Ash : Hey, hope you had a good day. I'll see you tomorrow at 8?

Ray : Was literally about to text you, yesss see you at 8. How was your day?

Ash : Pretty good but could've been better.

Ray : Yeah cause I wasn't there hehe. Also what are we doing tmrw? Gotta know what I should wear 

Ash : I mean you're not wrong. That's a surprise ma but wear something comfortable :)

Ash woke up the next day feeling like ass. His nose was clogged and he was feeling so cold. Shit he had a fever. It felt like an effort to open his eyes and grab his phone. It was 7 am.

Ash : Hey love, I'm so sorry but I feel like ass rn. I think I got a fever and a cold. I don't think we can meet today, I promise I'll make it up to you.

After ten minutes Ray called him after she saw his message. She was worried.

'Hey, how are you feeling?' Ray asked him over the phone

'I feel like shit , fuck me' he said.

Ray could hear his cough and nasally voice over the phone. 'Ok I'm coming over' she said.

Ash started to protest over the phone but she was firm, 'You clearly need someone to shove food down your throat and give you meds' she told him firmly.

Ray was a little nervous. She'd never been to his home before. Granted they were just friends, it was still a big step. She could tell Ash didn't fully trust her, but she didn't take it personally. His line of work was dangerous, he always had to be cautious. But he trusted her enough to have her over and to share his life and she was grateful.

Ray walked up to the house. It was in a nice-ish neighbourhood, which makes sense since Ash and Fez probably made good money. From the outside the house looked big and comfortable. She walked up and rang the bell.

Ash opened it and she could feel her heart jump a little. She hated that he had this involuntary effect on him. Stupid handsome boy. Even sick, Ash still looked handsome. His eyes looked tired and droopy and his body looked a little pale.

'Oh my god, yeah you weren't lying you look pretty bad baby' Ray said as she stood on her tippy toes to touch his forehead.

'Shit, you're burning up' she said as she made her way to the kitchen and plopped a bunch of bags on the counter.

'What's all this ma?' Ash asked her, pointing at all the bags.

'Well I figured you wouldn't have stocked the fridge and you  need to eat food like soups and shit when you're sick to feel better. So I bought groceries and a ton of medication just in case you didn't have any. But uhm in hindsight it might've been too much' Ray said, trying her best not to blush.

Ash smiled weakly, even speaking felt like an effort but he could feel his heart swell at how Ray cared so much for him.

'Ok shoo get outta here. Back in bed' Ray shoved him playfully and got him back into bed.