Alastor

My body aches and head throbs. Dull pain twinges near my stomach and over my right pec. As I lay immobile, I hone other senses.

Even with my eyes shut, I can sense someone close by. I feel the softness of the sheets beneath me and the covers draped over my bruised body.

Fingers twitching, I attempt to move. A grunt escapes as searing pain rips through me. It's as if every cell is on fire.

"Don't move," Says a familiar accent. "Ya took a pretty savage beatin' and ya need rest."

Angel? He's the one with me?

Even more reason to move. To scramble away with what little dignity I have left. Him seeing me this way - weak and pathetic - is unbearable.

I peel my eyes open and it takes a bit for my sight to focus. When it does, I see Angel's worried face.

"Afternoon sunshine. How're we feelin'?" He asks, unease creeping into his tone.

"Like I've been rammed by a car." I growl, grimacing at the throb between my eyes. A growing headache.

"Careful, or someone might think ya mean that in a different way." Angel jokes with a bright smile.

Good old Angeldust. Wildly inappropriate and all around toxic.

Yet, oddly addictive. He's not exactly the kind of man to write home to, or brag about. But this silly fluffball grows on you. He may be toxic, but it's the kind of toxicity that you can't rid yourself of.

Like a drug that you can never sober up from. A deliciously addictive drug. Of course, I've never taken drugs before, so I can only go off of speculation and what I've seen from previous drug addicted degenerates. But I imagine Angel is along those lines.

Oh Lucifer, what am I thinking?!?!

I'm an overlord, he's a porn star. I can't feel these sort of stirrings. I can't!

Yet, I find my resolve crumbling as I gaze up into his monochrome eyes.

Weakening with every word he utters and smile he gives me. I've known of the feeling of fondness only once. With my mother. So, I know that's what I'm beginning to feel.

But... I must not act on it.

For the sake of my reputation and my unbeating heart. It may not beat, but my heart can't take any more loss. I've gone through too much to secure my place in Hell and crushed many to ensure my rightful spot in history. I cannot risk it all for the whims of an organ that died many years ago.

It was moronic of me to have ever gone after Valentino in a fit of rage at the bruises I saw on Angel's body. It was ill conceived to let down my guard and kiss him. To even consider the possibility of a future with him in it. I never should've confessed I felt anything for him in the first place.

Throwing up concrete walls around my fragile heart, my resolve hardens as my iconic smile slips into place.

Sorry Mon Ange, but it's for the best...

"How long have I been out my effeminate fellow?" I ask, making my voice nonchalant and bored.

"Ya crashed hard, so I carried ya through the portal and up ta your room. You've been out for three days. I was worried that ya may have suffered from internal injuries, so I may have... unhgfd ygu..." The last part of his explination trails off and I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"You may have... what?" I prod.

"Hjdrfv ygu."

Still garbled nonsense.

"Speak up deary, you know it annoys me when you mumble."

"I undressed ya, okay?!?" Angel bursts out and I shoot upright, peeking under the blanket in horror.

Sure enough, I'm completely nude. Purpling bruises bloom on my stomach and chest.

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR I WILL DISEMBOWL YOU!!!" I scream, static buzzes in the air, distorting my words.

Angel shrinks back, eyes widening in fear. "I stripped ya ta see if ya had any internal injuries, and ya did. Several in fact! The moment I set ya down on the bed, yer shadows began whispering that in order ta heal, ya needed blood. I grabbed my pocketknife and sliced my hand, letting my blood flow into yer open mouth. After I did that, yer body began to glow with strange symbols and fer the past three days, yer body has been healin' itself."

"You... fed me your blood?" The raging desire to rip out his spine fades as shock cuts me to the core.

"Yes. Unlike you, I actually care." Angel retorts with renewed courage.

"I..." I care. The words almost slip. Almost ruin everything. Shaking my head vigorously, I level him with a glare. "It was absolutely unessecary to undress me."

"A simple thank ya would suffice." Angel huffs, arms crossing over his exposed chest fluff.

"Never do that again." I snap.

Never put me in a position that questions my sanity or the doubt of my feelings for you. Please! For the love of God Angel! I scream in my mind.

I must remain strong and vigilant.

"By the way," I turn to look over at Angel curiously, wincing at the stabbing pain. "Nice cock, Daddy."

Face burning, I yank the covers up to my chin.