Fuck You Cancer

You stood outside of your 4 year old daughter’s door that was slightly cracked open, listening to your husband Liam sooth the little one.At about 3 and a half years, she had been diagnosed with cancer and the doctor had told you and Liam she wasn’t going to make it to 5 years. They gave you the option of life support, but you and Liam decided to take her home to leave the place she belonged. After you and him had taken little Leah home, she had only gotten worse, and the doctor said that’s what was to happen. Looking through the crack in the door, you saw him stroking Leah’s bald head as small tears slid down her cheeks and she let out a week cough.

“Daddy,” she sucked in a raspy breath and Liam held his breath, careful not to let out a sob. “I feel like I’m floating.”

He lifted his free arm to wipe away the tears that were spilling and you had to do the same. You knew the time was extremely near.

“Stay here as long as you can, Leah. Stay with daddy as long as you can.” he urged.

“I hurt…” she whined.

“The pain will be over soon, darling,” Liam was bawling now, but he continued to comfort your very first child together. “you’ll feel better.”

Her eyes began to droop and Liam gasped.

“No, no. It’s not sleepy time yet, Le.” Liam said quickly, squeezing her hand lightly.

Her eyes shot open and she stared at him.

“I’m tired, daddy…”

“Leah, listen. You’re beautiful. So beautiful. And I know you’re sleepy, but try your hardest to stay with us. Stay with mommy and daddy.”

You gave up and slid the door open, taking a seat beside Liam next to Leah’s bed. She smiled when you put her hand to your cheeks. Her hands were ice cold. 

“Mama, I don’t feel good.” she coughed and Liam jumped with every wheeze. “I’m scared. Don’t leave me.” 

A single tear ran down the side of her forehead, as she turned her head to look at you and him.

“We promise. We’ll be here until you fall asleep.” Your voice cracked on the last word. “you’re going to be alright, baby.” 

“Dad, can you sing to me? I don’t want to have bad dreams.”

You had to cover your mouth to keep from having an outburst, as Liam shakily sung Niall’s part in Little Things to your daughter. 

Her eyes started to droop and you lost it.

“Goodnight, mommy and daddy. I’ll see you in the morning, love you.” 

“We love you so much.” You and Liam said over and over again. 

“So much.” Liam repeated as he rested his head on his arms, burying his face in the bed sheets. 

One last tear rolled down her cheeks, and her eyelids slid shut.

And her chest stopped moving.

Liam looked up to see a smile, peaceful smile on her face.

And he knew she was finally relieved of the pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey babes! That was written by..... (Dramatic music)....... Lovemesomebritishandirishboys on Tumblr! Enjoy!