60

my neck hurts from being on a plane for so long. my brain hurts from lack of sleep. and my eyes hurt from crying so much.

normally, i'm not such an emotional person. i don't know why i've been crying so easily recently. maybe i'm starting my period soon.

"eileen." miss manson says, getting my attention. i look up from my lap and at the woman sitting beside me. she smiles.

miss manson doesn't smile at me very often. but to be honest, i think she feels bad for me. this woman has watched me grow up. she has been my manager since i was fifteen. and i don't think she has ever seen me cry so much within such a short amount of time.

"you might want to start gathering your things, the plane just landed." she tells me, helping me grab my bags.

the plane just landed? how did i not notice that? shouldn't i have felt the wheels hit the ground? or i shouldn't i have seen out of the window that we stopped moving?

whatever.

i grab a suitcase and a few bags of mine. then i follow miss manson as she leads me out of the back door.

the moment i step out of the plane, tons of light nearly blinds me. at first, i think it's the sun. but its night time. the sun isn't out. after a few moments, i realize that the light is coming from hundreds of cameras that are taking pictures of me.

i knew that america was a bit known for being crazy over celebrities, but this is insane.

miss manson cuts in front of me as i walk. she shoos away a few fans and tells a bunch of people to leave me alone.

but nobody listens.

they simply dodge her and ignore what she's saying to continue taking their pictures.

the flash of their cameras hurts my eyes. but i smile, anyway. i keep my chin up and walk with as much confidence as possible. hopefully you can't see my fucked up mascara in the pictures.

"this sudden fame might have something to do with your recent kiss with kit connor." miss manson says to me, quiet enough i can barley hear her over the paparazzi screaming at me.

"do you think all this commotion will die down soon?" i ask her, still walking with a fake smile on my face.

"no." miss manson replies, being brutally honest.

☆  ★  ☆

three hours later

miss manson and i are staying at some high-class hotel for the next three months. and frankly? i'm not complaining. the beds are comfortable as fuck and the room service is great.

not to mention the view i get from the large window by my bed. i can see all of the buildings around the hotel as well was the sky.

'ring ring ring' i jump at the sound of someone calling my phone. i pick it up off of the nightstand and smile at the contact name on the screen : kit

"hi!" i say, excitedly. on the screen is kit's face. he smiles at me, laying in his bed.

"hey, lee!" kit replies, seeming to be equally as excited as i am. "how's new york?"

"it's amazing!" i say. "the buildings are so tall. and there are so many people here who recognize who i am. just by seeing my face, the know my music. i feel so cool!"

"i'm so glad you like it there." kit says with a small smile. "how was the plane?"

"quite boring." i respond, avoiding the topic of our kiss being posted online. "but when i got off of the plane and tried to get to the car, there were so many people crowding me. they were asking questions and taking pictures. then, when we finally got to the limo that was going to drive miss manson and i to the hotel, someone started banging on the glass of my window."

"what the hell?" kit's eyes suddenly widen and i can tell he's worried. "are you okay? they didn't crowd you too much, did they?"

"no. no, i'm fine." i reassure him. "we drove off and the person who was hitting the window was left there."

kit lets out a relieved sigh. "please be careful, okay?"

"okay."

there's a pause then. where neither of us talk and instead, we're sitting silently. i can tell he's thinking about the same thing that i am, though. about the kiss.

"listen," kit finally says, breaking the silence, "we both know we're avoiding the topic."

"okay, fine." i say with a heavy sigh.

"you saw the picture, right?" he asks. "of us."

"yeah," i respond.

i think kit can tell that i don't want to talk about this topic. but it's inevitable. and we both know that since we're dating, we have to talk about things like this.

"i'm sorry that this happened." he says with an apologetic look on his face. "i know you wanted to wait. now you don't even get a choice."

"it's fine." i tell him. "we just needs to plan what we're going to do about all of the questions."

"what do you mean?"

"i have an interview tomorrow. it'll be recorded on live TV. so, is there anything you don't want me to say?" i ask.

relationships are supposed to be spilt 50/50 with every decision you make. especially when millions of people will be judging those choices.

my worst fear is to dictate everything. so i want to know kit's boundaries beforehand. because if i say or do anything wrong, there's no going back. my usual number of audience will triple.

"just be honest." kit tells me. "despite what most people think, we have nothing to hide."

he's right. our fans think we've been hiding something from them. but we haven't. we've only kissed one time. we've been dating for less than a day. there's not much to tell.

i smile at kit and he smiles back. i wish he was here.
we've only been separated for a few hours but i really fucking miss him.

there's a large time difference now. london is five hours ahead of new york. it's 2am here which means it's 7am there. kit must have just woken up. whereas i have yet to go to sleep.

☆  ★  ☆