72

kit's POV

i've been to many meet-and-greets. but lee's has lasted twice as long as mine usually do.

and it feels even longer when you have to watch someone's every move. just to make sure he doesn't touch your girlfriend.

i'm referring to nolan.

i cannot stress enough how angry he makes me. mainly because i haven't failed to notice the way lee tenses up whenever he moves.

she hides it pretty well so none of her fans notice that anything is wrong. but thats what makes it all so much worse. she can hide it well. god, she shouldn't have to. at all.

"that was the last fan." miss manson announces.

there is no longer a line of people lined up on the other side of lee's table. instead, the only people in the room are me, miss manson, lee, and nolan.

lee lets out a relieved sigh, clearly thankful that the meet and greet is finally over. after over two hours of signing papers, recieving gifts, and taking pictures. i imagine she's most exhausted from keeping up with the happy and cheerful facade.

i can tell becuase the moment she hears miss manson's announcement, her fake smile instantly drops.

but she looks over at me, she smiles at me. which makes me smile as well. "you still haven't given me a proper hello." she points out.

i chuckle, "oh? and what would you consider a proper hello?"

lee walks over to me and places a small, quick kiss on my lips.

i shake my head. no. i've missed her for almost a month and i want a better kiss than whatever that
was.

grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer, i press my lips to hers.

this kiss is much more passionate than the last. and with this one, we can actually tell how much we missed one another.

when we separate, i can feel myself being glared at. and i think any smart person would instantly know that the persion glaring at me is nolan. which is a good thing.

maybe he'll finally realize what he lost.

"c'mon guys." miss manson says to the three of us as she exits the room. "we need to get back to the hotel. then you can settle whatever this is."

we all agree before following miss manson out of the building and to the parking lot.

miss manson unlocks the car and gets in. and then, just as i'm about to go inside after her, i'm interrupted by the sound of an irritating voice. nolan.

"i know you still like me, lee." i hear him say. i look back and see nolan grab onto lee's shoulder. he forces her to turn around and look at him.

simply the sight of his hands on her makes my jaw clench. i walk over to them, closing the car door behind me.

"cut it out." i demand, slapping his hand away from lee. i move her away from us and toward the car.

"god, you're so annoying." nolan tells me, rolling his eyes and stepping closer. "don't you realize that she's just using you? to get over me?"

"she doesn't like you." i say.

"y'know what's funny?" nolan asks with a chuckle, taking a step even closer. "that you think you know her better than i do."

he's really tempting me to punch that cocky smirk right off of his face. one more temptation and i don't think i'll be able to stop myself. 

"she doesn't care about you, kit." he says my name like it's worthless.

which is funny, because my name holds so much more worth than his. i don't even know his last name. but he could google mine. and my middle name. and my birthday. and my family tree.

nolan grabs lee's arm and pulls her into his hold. she tries to push him away but he uses his full strength to hold her down.

and that's it.

that's my final straw.

that last temptation.

i clench my fist at my side. i don't even try to stop it when my knuckles come into contact with nolan's nose.

he stumbles backward, holding his face. blood trickles down his skin.

"what the fuck!?" he shouts, lunging at me.

☆ ★ ☆