07

my voice used to be something i was insecure about. the first person who ever heard me sing was joe. some how, he had convinced me to sing karaoke with him. the songs were horrible and so were we. but -- even now -- i would consider that one of the best days of my life.

our throats were sore the next day but i don't think i had ever laughed that hard before.

i spent the night at his house that night. well, i tried to. but i forgot about my insomnia and i ended up staying awake for hours after he had fallen asleep. at about three in the morning, my eyes shut.

but they didn't stay that way for very long. the moment my brain got a chance to do so, i had a nightmare.

i jolted awake, the sudden movement waking up the boy who had been sleeping beside me. i apologized to him over and over but he didn't care about that. he grabbed me by the shoulders and asked me what was wrong.

that was the most serious he had ever been up until that point.

upon hearing how much joe cared about me, i began to cry. my tears wet his shirt as i explained to him my situation. i told him about my insomnia, then i told him about my nightmares. and of course, joe said it wasn't my fault. he told me that my disorder isn't something i can control and i'm not allowed to apologize for that ever again.

☆ ★ ☆

joe
& lee

hoe
HOW WAS THE CONCERT??

lee
IT WAS ✨ AMAZING ✨
THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE

hoe
THATS GREAT LEELEE
UGHH
I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE

lee
YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED IT

hoe
wait
are you busy this weekend ??

lee
no
oml i have a phenomenal idea
we should hang out
but WAIT WAIT
IT GETS BETTER
we should hang out
WITH THE REST OF THE
HEARTSTOPPER CAST

hoe
OMFG
I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THAT

lee
too bad
i said it first
HAHA

hoe
i hate you.

lee
awww
i hate you too 🤭

☆ ★ ☆