71

kit's POV

well shit.

i knew that lee had a meet-and-greet scheduled today. i also knew that i wanted to see her again. and on top of that, i don't have to film for another week or so.

so, as any amazing boyfriend would do, i booked a plane ticket and flew all the way to america.

then, i waited in this long ass line for almost an entire hour. just so i can surprise lee at the meet-and-greet.

the entire time i've waited in line, i've been standing behind a guy who seems strangely calm.

most people here have been standing on their tip-toes to get a peek at lee. or shifting out of line for a moment to look at her in person. but this guy? he's just been on twitter the entire time.

but it's not my business. so i didn't pay him any mind.

however, when it got to his turn and i saw the look behind lee's eyes, i instantly understood what was happening.

this little fuck who has been in front of me for the past hour is the infamous nolan.

"seems like you've moved on." nolan says, keeping his voice quiet enough that only lee and i can hear what he's saying. "but i can't allow that, can i?"

"you sure as hell can." i interrupt.

nolan instantly glares at me once he recognizes who i am.

he has dark, coiled hair. dark brown eyes. tanned skin. thin lips. neatly trimmed eyebrows. and purple circles under his eyes.

he's a moderately attractive man. i'll admit that. but his personality definitely makes him an extremely ugly person.

"kit!?" lee says, excitedly. nolan and i both look over at her. "oh my god! kit!"

lee stands up from her seat and runs over and jumps on me. she wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. which makes me stumble backward a few steps before i laugh and hug her back.

i lower her to the ground, placing her feet on the floor. she grabs my cheeks.

"i didn't know you were coming!"

"i wanted to surprise you." i tell her. "but someone ruined that surprise."

"you ruined it yourself." nolan says. his voice is deep and some people would consider that intimidating. but the fact that he's forcing it to sound deeper makes him seem quite the opposite.

"how so?" i ask, getting closer to him.

the tension between the two of us is obvious enough that a few people in line behind us, take a few steps back. lee casually ignores us and sits back down in her chair, continuing on with her meet-and-greet.

nolan steps closer to me. i suddenly realize that i'm much taller than he is when he looks up at me, trying his hardest to seem intimidating. which honestly boosts my confidence by a lot.

"alright!" a man says. i can tell that the man is a security guard by the way he's dressed. "separate."

he pushes nolan and i a could feet apart from each other. however, neither of us dare to break eye contact with the other.

"next!" lee calls out.

nolan stands a few feet away from the table that lee is sitting at. i stand on the other side, keeping a close eye on him.

because the moment he tries anything? i will not hesitate to lunge at him.

fuck my career.

i'll throw my entire reputation away for lee's safety.

☆ ★ ☆