44

"you guys did it!" kizzy yells, jumping up and down on the king-sized bed.

everyone else is settling in, placing their bags against the wall and taking off their shoes at the door. all while kizzy continues running around the place like a toddler at a playground.

"don't forget we have neighbors." corinna scolds as them as she unpacks her bag, placing her toothbrush in the bathroom.

joe flops down onto the bed, reaching over to the nightstand and grabbing the remote before turning on the TV.

"this will be one hectic night." yaz says with a sigh, sitting on the floor beside me as i unpack my belongings.

she grabs one of the shirts out of my bag, holding it up and admiring the green color.

"i brought a lot of clothes." yaz tells me. "i have a feeling that kizzy will be begging to stay another night."

joe hangs his head off the side of the bed and smiles at us, "i think we all brought extra clothes." he says.

"what?" i ask. "i didn't. i didn't know we were supposed to."

"welp, that sucks." he shrugs before crawling off the bed and sitting beside yaz. "i guess you'll just have to wear someone else's clothes."

yaz's eyes widen in realization and she smiles at joe. i look at the two of them, completely clueless. what are these two idiots planning?

"kit!" joe shouts.

kit turns around and walks over to us. he crouched down to the ground, getting eye level with joe before he asks, "what?"

"you don't mind if leelee borrows some of your clothes, do you?"

i suddenly feel stupid for not realizing earlier what joe and yaz were getting at. i look over to yaz and she's smiling at me, teasingly. i glare at her and joe both, hating them for the situation they just put me in.

"of course not." kit replies before he looks at me. "do you need something to wear?"

"oh, uh, no." i respond. "i'm leaving tomorrow anyway so i can't stay another night even if i wanted to."

kit's face drops. he suddenly seems... sad. "oh. right."

"well, i'd gladly lend you some clothes to wear if you need them." he says before standing up and walking back over to continue what he was doing before.

the moment he's gone, i grab a pillow from the bed and smack joe in the face with it.

"why'd you do that!?" i shout, hitting him again while laughing. "that was so awkward!"

"i forgot you were leaving tomorrow!" joe says in response, as he stands up and grabs a second pillow off of the bed and hits me with it.

this quickly turns into a fight between us as we hit each other back and forth with the pillows. kizzy notices and shrieks with excitement.

"pillow fight!!" she screams.

☆ ★ ☆