27

"you're late." miss manson says as i enter the recording studio. she stands with her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her face.

"yes, i know. i said i was sorry." i respond as kit stands beside me, awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"so you're the boyfriend? its nice to-"

"miss manson!" i interrupt, my cheeks suddenly feeling really hot. "i told you we're not dating! he's just a friend."

kit chuckles, "it's okay. i don't mind."

something in my stomach does a backflip. and — if it's even possible — my cheeks get even hotter than before.

miss manson gives me a teasing smile. "you can sit right here, sir."

"okay. thank you, ma'am." he replies, sitting down in the seat that miss manson pulled up for him. "also, you can just call me kit."

"eileen. i need you in here. we must do this quickly." she leads me into the area behind the glass where there's nothing but a large microphone hanging from the ceiling.

miss manson leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

she sits in front of the table that's covered in millions of little buttons and knobs. i put on the headphones hanging from the microphone and wait for miss manson to tell me when to start singing.

"okay, eileen." she says, her voice coming through the headphones. "i need you to sing your song called slumber."

i nod, knowing she can see me through the huge glass window in front of me that leads right to where my manager is sitting with kit.

she presses a few buttons, making the song's background music play in the headphones.

by now, i have all the lyrics memorized. this is the main song from my new album, after all.

as i sing into the microphone, i look through the transparent glass and make eye contact with the man who the song is about.

kit.

☆ ★ ☆

𝑺𝑳𝑼𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 - 𝐤𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐫  { ✓ }On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara