55

the walk to the airport took way longer than we thought it would since everyone wanted to take pictures. not that i can complain, i also wanted to take a couple.

none of that matters though, we still got to the airport regardless.

but it's now time for the hardest part in all of this. saying goodbye. i don't want to, though. i don't want to not see the faces of my best friends for three months

we all stand in front of the gate separating the airport from the plane's entrance. not wanting to say goodbye, we just stand around in silence, waiting for someone else to say it instead.

"lee," joe says. and just by seeing the saddened look on his face, i start tearing up. he wraps his arms around me, engulfing me into a tight hug. "i don't want you to leave yet. can't you just stay one more day?" he mumbles against my hair.

we pull away from each other and i see the tears that are nearly falling from his eyes.

"i can't stay. you know that." i say to him, making myself even more upset now that i'm admitting it aloud.

joe sighs, squeezing me as tight as he can. i squeeze him back.

"move it, joe." yaz says, jokingly. "it's my turn."

joe chuckles and steps away from me, standing back beside will and bash. i don't even get a moment to breathe before yaz nearly makes me fall over as she pulls me into her arms, hugging me.

"you better text me every day." yaz says into my ear, her voice threateningly low. "oh! and facetime!"

she pulls away and smiles at me before letting someone else say their goodbyes.

this goes on for a few minutes. i hug each one of my friends, some of them make me feel emotional while others make me laugh.

then, only one person is left. kit. and i really don't want to say bye to him. oh how i wish i could just shove him into my suitcase and take him on the plane with me.

but i can't.

"are you gonna hug me? or just stand there?" i ask him with a laugh. kit smiles but it quickly fades away as he walks up to me.

yaz leaves to use the bathroom while joe subtly directs everyone else elsewhere — elsewhere being the gift shops.

and just like that, kit and i are alone.

however, for some reason, i still feel that eerie, lurking feeling that i'm being watched by someone, very closely. i shake away that feeling and return my attention back to kit.

"lee..." he says, sadly. but i don't want to hear what he has to say. because i know it'll make me cry. so instead, i hug him.

a pretty good way to avoid crying, in my opinion. but it doesn't work. because the moment i feel kit hug my me back, and his fingers run through my hair, my eyes start to water. just the tiniest bit. im gonna miss this.

"it's only three months." i say, but my voice trembles and i can feel myself finally give in.

despite how i'm trying my hardest to compose myself, i begin to cry. my tears start to soak kit's light green shirt, making a circle of dark green.

"don't cry." kit whispers, but i can tell by the sound of his voice, he's also getting emotional.

i look up at him.

god, he's beautiful. even when he's on the verge of tears and his hair is a bit disheveled, kit looks flawless.

it kinda pisses me off. because i'm 100% sure i look like a mess. i didn't brush my hair this morning so my hair is surely not very flattering. my mascara that i didn't take off from last night must be streaming down my face with my tears.

kit places his hands on my cheeks, holding my face as gently as possible. his thumb courses over my cheekbone, wiping away a tear.

i've cried a lot these past few days. and kit has helped me each time.

"can i kiss you?" he asks.

my heart skips a beat. did i hear him right? i must just be imagining this. maybe i'm just dreaming all of this, and i'm actually still fast asleep in the hotel room.

if i am dreaming, im not sure i'm ready to wake up just yet.

"yes."

☆ ★ ☆

sorry this chapter was so long. this was my favorite one to write so far, though !!