Chapter 21

Pietro was at your side in less than a second.

"Oh baby." He kneeled down beside you and grabbed your hand. "I am so sorry."

You slowly pulled your hand out of his gentle grasp.

"Pietro. You abandoned me. For some girl. Was she worth it? Is she prettier than me? Does she love you more than I d-"

He hopped to his feet,"Stop that. She's nothing. There is no one I want other than you. You're all I need. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have left you. At all. The mission was important but not nearly as important as you are to me. Please forgive me."

You nodded," I've missed you so much Pietro."

He smiled and gave you a tight hug. "So what happened? I hardly believe you were mugged. This had something to do with working with Erik didn't it?"

"Yeah it did i- wait. You know I left with Erik? Why didn't you stop me?"

"I've seen how he looks at you. I figured maybe you felt the same way about him. I... I just wanted you to be happy. I love you too much to have stopped you."

"That was you in my room. You left the note."
He nodded,"I wanted to surprise you but I heard you talking to someone from outside and I climbed up a tree and saw you talking to Erik. You seemed so happy. That's all I ever wanted, was for you to be happy."

"You big idiot can't you see I'm happy with you?"

"Erik just seemed to pay more attention than I did. I'm sorry. I'm glad you're happy with me." He smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Speaking of Erik. Where is he?"

"Well unfortunately he isn't as fast as me but he should be here soon." He winked.

You nodded and laid back down trying to shift to get comfortable. You winced at the pain in your leg.

"Don't move too much you just need to relax. You never told me what happened ya know."

You began to explain everything to Pietro and you shot up.

"My pants! The flash drive." You half shouted.

Pietro sped off and returned in a second.

"Got it. I must say I'm proud of you. Upset but proud. You should have left immediately but I'm proud that you went with your heart and did what you thought was right. I love you so much princess. I can't wait to marry you. That's if you still want to..." He trailed off

"Of course I still want to marry you. You're perfect."

"You're perfecter." He smirked.

You giggled,"that's not a word."

He smiled and pulled your hand up to his lips for a kiss.

You and Pietro talked for half an hour catching up when there was a knock on the door and in walks Erik.

He rushed over to you as if Pietro wasn't there.

"Liliana please forgive me." Erik kneeled beside you. You looked at Pietro and left you give you and Erik some alone time. "I left you. You were all alone. It must have been horrendous. You must've been scared out of you mind. Please forgive I have no right to have left you my excuse is not justified. I sincerely apologize to you and I hope you can forgive me even if I never forgive myself."

You touched his cheek," I forgive you Erik. It isn't your fault it's not like you knew they were coming. You didn't know they were coming right?"

His eyes widened," of course not. I'm just sorry all your hard work and research went to waste."

"It didn't."

"But I got a message saying the computer was wiped clean."

You shook your head and waved around the flash drive without touching it. "I got it all."

He frowned deeply," you risked your life for that didn't you?"

You nodded,"If I could do it again I wouldn't change a thing. I didn't want them to have that info i don't know who they were but I'm sure they weren't good."

"Man I love you." Erik said.
"You what?!?" Pietro growled he was standing in the door way.

"I'm sorry I didn't plan on it. It just happened. I lov-" Erik abruptly stopped as Pietro was at his throat in a second choking him.

"Don't you ever go near her again. She's mine." Pietro babbled on as you tried to get out of the bed.

You were limping over to them when metal things flew around in an attempt to hit Pietro but of course he was too fast.

"Ahhh!!!" You yelled in pain as every metal object floating fell to the ground.

Pietro was at your side and Erik stared at you wide eyed in horror and unsure of what to do.

You slowly looked down at the small metal pipe sticking out of your stomach before everything went black.

A/N- poor Liliana can't catch a break. Hope you like don't forget to read/comment/follow/ message and share thank you!!!