Chapter 18

The next two weeks were stressful with finals and wedding plans.
Luckily your mother and your friends were thrilled with the engagement news and willing to help in any and every way possible.

But finally it was your big day, graduation day and you couldn't be happier.

You looked into the mirror studying the slightly dark circles under your eyes and checking for a text from Pietro.

Still nothing.

It's been almost 4 days since you two last talked and you were going crazy with worry.

You lightly applied some makeup and did your hair but not before checking your phone a thousand more times.

You sighed heavily when there was a knock at your door.

"Come in." You half shouted.
"Your lovely mother let me in." You looked up to see Erik standing in the door smiling at you.

You jumped up and hugged him and he squeezed you back.

"I've missed you Liliana. How have you been?"

"Beyond stressed. I'm ready to rip my hair out any day now." He chucked. "I missed you too Erik. How are the others?"

"Oh you know. Training and strategizing." He smiled.
"Ah. I see." You responded "Um. How about Pietro? How is he?"

He nodded,"He's good."

"Oh."
"Don't worry about it too much. This is your day. I'm taking you out after the ceremony and I don't wanna be seen with a negative Nancy." He said lifting your chin to face him.

You dried one of your tears and nodded ,"Okay. Now shoo! I have to finish getting ready. You should head to the stadium now. It's gonna get really packed soon and you do not want to get stuck standing for a 3 hours."

He hugged you again and left and you collapsed on your bed and exploded into a ball of tears.

After a few minutes you dried your tears and reapplied your makeup.

You put on your cap and gown and headed downstairs where your mom was waiting for you.

"Oh my word. My baby." She gasped out before grabbing you into a hug." I can't believe you're all grown up. Graduating and getting married."

You pulled away,"Mommmmmmm! Don't cry cause then I'll cry and I refuse to reapply my makeup for a third time."
She cocked her head to the side."A third time? What happened."

You shrugged and plopped yourself on the couch.

"Pietro isn't here. I'm hoping he'll surprise me at the ceremony but I don't think that's the case. I know he's busy with his mom and stuff." You lied." But I still wish he could be here."

"Well it's okay honey. You have plenty of other people to support you. What about that nice man from earlier? He's here to support you and you can't let them down. I know it must be awful but he still loves you and I'm sure he wishes that he was here."

You smiled,"You're right mom."
"Oh honey. I'm always right. Now let's go before we're late."

After the ceremony you hugged your friends and agreed to meet them next week for more wedding planning.
You found your mom, family, and Erik all together. They all said congrats and you left with Erik for dinner.

At the restaurant you ordered your food and ate and enjoyed each other's company but you couldn't get your mind off of Pietro.

"It's him isn't it?" He asked,"why can't you just be happy with me?" He whispered barely audible under his breath.
"Huh?" You said snapping out of your Pietro trance.

"You're disappointed. I can tell."

"I'm so sorry Erik. I just. Why didn't he come? Is he at the mansion? He hasn't texted or called me in days I'm worried."

He sighed heavily."I didn't want to say anything because this was such a big day for you. But he isn't at the mansion. He went recruiting."

"Well why couldn't you just tell me that?" You asked skeptically.

"Because he went with his ex girlfriend. He ended it out of nowhere and she's still in love with him. Charles said there was no one else to send on the mission. According to him they make a great fighting team but Charles warned him to watch out for her and be careful and aware of her actions toward him.
Everyone knows what she's really after."
You listened as tears silently streamed down your cheeks. "What's her name?"
"Crystal."

"Erik. Please just tell me the truth. I trust you." You croaked. "Is he cheating on me?"

"I." He paused looking down at the napkin he was nervously fiddling with,"I don't know."

You gave him a nod. "I'd like to go home now."

He nodded back and called a waitress over to pay while you went to go sit in the car and cry.

The car ride was silent except for a sob every so often.

Erik walked you to your room and talked with you for a second, comforting you.
He got up and turned towards the door.

"Where are you going?" You asked

"I'm leaving. I'm sorry. But I have to go. I have work to do." You hugged him and he walked towards the door.

"Erik." You said stopping him. He turned to look at you. "Take me with you. I want to join your team."

A/N ohhhhhh snap!!! I hope you likey! Share,vote,comment,message,follow! Thank you all for your support mwah!!!