Chapter 20

"Nothing." Erik said standing up and beginning to exit the room.

"You said you love me."

"Yes. I did. I apologize I shouldn't have said anything. Goodnight."

"Do you mean it?" You asked him.

"I said goodnight." He snapped before exiting the room.

You laid down in the bed and stared at the ceiling. What did you get yourself into. How could you have not noticed?

Well. You weren't too oblivious, you just felt lonely with Pietro being so preoccupied. You shouldn't have led him on.

'He's pretty upset. I'll give him time to cool down. I'll talk to him in the morning.'
You thought.

You rolled over on your side and grabbed your phone to text Pietro.

'Goodnight handsome. I love you.'

The next morning you got up to an abnormally quiet house. You got out of bed and went into the hall to head to Erik's room. You knocked but no one was in there. You shrugged assuming he was in the kitchen or his study.

You headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

On the fridge you saw a note.
'Liliana,
I apologize for last night. I put you in a difficult position. I know you're engaged and you're in love with Pietro. I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't thinking it just happened. You're just so captivating. I went out of town for the day to run some errands and distance myself from your beauty. Please forgive me. I will see you tomorrow. Do not leave the house. Please.'

You sighed heavily and dropped yourself into the nearest chair. Poor Erik. Hopefully he'll be okay.

Suddenly you heard a noise. Like a car door closing.
You weren't expecting anyone. You tiptoed over to the front window and saw two men dressed in all black approaching the house. You quickly locked the door and hid.

"Dammit. It's locked." You heard one of the men say. "Let's try the back. Hurry up. We need all that information before they come back."

You gasped. You immediately ran up the stairs and ran to your study. You closed the door and waved your hands to move a desk,couch bookshelf and just about everything else you could in front of the door.

You grabbed a flash drive and plugged it up to the computer as fast as you could and began downloading everything you could.

You heard footsteps approach the top of the stairs and you covered your mouth to stifle a scream.

You got out of the chair and carefully opened the door that connected your study to your bedroom. You used your power to slightly lift yourself off of the ground to avoid making noise. Once you reached your window you heard the ding of your computer symbolizing the download was complete. You crouched down beside your bed and focused hard to read the energies in the air, another power you found you had.

Once you found the flash drive you waved your hand and pulled it out and around the corners to reach you.

"Did you see that?" One of the men asked. "Someone is here. Split up and find them."

You hopped up and opened your window and sat on the ledge. You placed the flash drive in your pocket and lifted yourself to get on top of the roof.

"On the roof!" Someone inside of the house yelled and you heard running and gun shots and you got frightened.

On top of the roof your ran to the front of the house and saw their car. It was still running. You jumped off the roof and lifted yourself to land softly. Suddenly you felt a stinging pain in your leg.

You looked down and saw blood. You were shot in your mid thigh. You ripped the bullet out and flung it back at the men who shot you hitting him in the stomach and crippling him. He fell to the ground.
You made it to the car as fast as you could and drove off quickly.

Once you reached the end of the drive way you stopped and tied your belt around your leg the stop the blood flow.
You started the car back up and continued to drive yourself to the hospital.

After your surgery and everything went well you heard a knock on your door before it opened.

Pietro.

A/n : hehehehehe
Vote,share,comment,message, follow.
Thank you!!