Chapter 5

*That was probably the LONGEST cliffhanger in history. Super sorry. I've been crazy busy! Here's another chapter for you lovely readers*

"He's healing at an incredible rate. He should be ready to go home in an hour." The doctor stated before exiting the room.

You turned back to look at Pietro, he was breathing softly with his eyelids fluttering.

"Enjoying the view?" he teased with his eyes still closed. You shook your head and sat in the seat besides his bed and took his hand.

"How do you feel? The doctor said you'll be ready to go home in an hour. "You informed even though you were pretty sure he heard the doctor say it already. You just weren't sure what else to say.
This was still pretty awkward. You've only met Pietro like 3 days ago.

Who were those guys?

"I feel pretty great actually. I'm glad you're here." he pulled your hand up to his lips and kissed it.

You smiled. "So am I."

Two hours later you and Pietro were in his room relaxing. You were laying down with your head in his lap watching cartoons. You sat up and shifted to face him

"Peitro, who were those guys from earlier?" you asked concerned.

"No one."

"What do you mean no one?" you said a little louder.

"I mean none of your business!" he shouted standing up.

That hurt.

"I'm trying to help you!" you shouted back angrily.

"Hah! Help ME? You're the one who needs help. I heard you make plans to return their stuff. You're not going."

You gasped, "Excuse me?! You don't own me therefore you do NOT tell me what I can or cannot do."

"Yes, I can and I will. You're not going and so help me God if I find my stuff gone I will find you myself drag you back here and tie you to a pole. You can't protect yourself." he growled

"Um, Newsflash! Neither can you! They put you in the hospital in under 30 minutes. My chance is as good as yours."

"No its not. I'm still a mutant. I can do things you will never be able to so let me say it again for you, YOU'RE NOT GOING." he yelled.

You let out a loud groan.
"Fine." You mumbled and looked at the ground before sighing heavily, "I'm gonna head home." You said grabbing your bag.

"Oh come on Liliana. Don't go. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." he pleaded in an apologetic tone.

"I need some space and besides my mom promised she'd actually be home for dinner. I wouldn't wanna miss out on that opportunity." you turned away and began to walk off.

"At least let me bring you home." he suggested

"No, you need your rest. You don't need to be using your power until you get better, I'll be back tomorrow." you informed as he sat back on the couch to watch his cartoons again. You looked at the bag you placed there earlier after leaving the hospital. You grabbed it and swiftly left the house.

You grabbed your phone and texted the number you got from Pietro's abusers.

-I have the stuff where do I meet you?

*Suuupppeeerrr sorry for another short chapter but I had free time so I figured I should be somewhat productive. VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.MESSAGE.FOLLOW.FORGIVE ME!*