Chapter 22

The next time you woke up you were back at Charles' mansion.

You wearily looked around at your surroundings.

Pietro was sat on a chair beside the bed.

His head was in his hands as he lightly sobbed.
You reached over and touched his shoulder.

He looked up faster than you could imagine.

He dried his eyes so you wouldn't know he was crying.

"Oh my gosh." His voice broke,"How are you feeling?" He squeezed your hand softly.

"Sore" you croaked trying to find your voice," how long have I been asleep?"

"A month."

"A month?!?" You gasped out.

"No one thought you would wake up. But I knew you would. Well not at first but I know you're stubborn and you just can't leave me alone. My little leech."
You cracked a smile.

"You left the hospital a week and a half ago. No one there thought you'd make it so they sent you home so you'd at least be more comfortable if you...you know." He trailed off. "I'm so glad you're awake. I've missed you so so much. I need to get Charles so he could check on you and your health okay?"

You nodded and he kissed your forehead before slipping out the door.

You dropped your head on to the pillow and sighed before hearing the door open you began to sit up," that was fast."

You looked and saw Erik. Not the handsome, happy Erik you knew but a sleep deprived, red-eyed, depressed Erik.

"You're up." He said.

"I'm up." You tried to smile but you were too in shock at his current state. He looked worse than you felt.

What was wrong with him?

He walked towards you and dropped to your knees beside your bed and broke down.

He held your hand to his forehead and cried,"Liliana no words can explain how extremely sorry I feel. I hurt you twice. I did this to you. This is all my fault. I can't believe myself. If it would make you happy I would shoot myself right now and you'd never have to worry about me again."

You gasped in shock and pulled your hand out of his."Stop that! I don't want you to kill yourself. Don't talk like that. I'd be devastated if I lost you. You mean so much to me. You're my best friend."

He gave a nod," I understand but I must go. I came to say goodbye. I refuse you put you in harms way again. I will always be there to talk and maybe if I control myself we can hang out but until then I will be gone. I won't be at my home so don't go looking for me. I love you so much and if I hurt you again I...I don't know what I'll do." He kissed your hand" Goodbye Liliana." And with that he left.

You laid in bed thinking about what just happened.

Erik left.

You were probably never going to see him again.

Your heart broke as you thought of how hard he was being on himself.

It was an accident. He didn't mean to do it.

A second later there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." You said and hastily wiped your tears.

Alex walked in a second later.
"Hey you."

You forced a smile."Hey."

"I uh. Heard Erik leave. Are you okay?"

You silently nodded.

"He did it to protect you. I don't blame him. You just get hurt around him. He thinks it's his fault. He's doing what he thinks is right."

You shrugged,"Maybe." You paused. "I just wish there was another way. I dont want him gone."

"For now just worry about getting better. Worrying about it won't make him come back."

You slightly smiled.

He was right. It would do no good. You still couldn't help but feel bad and cry as soon as Alex left.

A/N I hope you like it and don't forget to vote, share, follow, comment and message! Thankiessss!!