Love fiction

The following week Niall booked them to appear on separate interviews. Their schedules were hectic since fashion week was quickly approaching so it was hard to get them in an interview together.

Liam would appear on the "Diary of a CEO" podcast, which suited him now, and Zayn on BBC Radio 1, for the younger crowd. He sent them both detailed notes of things to go over, say, and not bring up.

First was Liam's interview. Niall accompanied him just to make sure there was no mess ups. He sat across from the popular host unsure of what he would ask. Since it was a podcast aimed at the understanding of success for CEO's, majority of it consisted of businesses talk. Now that he could easily do.

Towards the end of the interview it got more light and personal. "Well thank you so much for sharing your perspective Liam! It's a breath of fresh air when a guest comes in about a new industry we haven't quiet touched on in the show before! The modeling world is no joke. I bet the agency is chaotic right now with London Fashion week soon yeah?" Steven the host exclaimed.

"Of course well it was a delight to be here and yes it is! We really pride ourselves on the fact that we have lots of tools and resources for the models you know... were not just a signing agency so, there's always a ton going on." Liam proudly said.

"Oh. I've seen the state of the art gym you guys have on some of their stories, and I'm just blown away. Plus on staff personal trainers, nutritionists, stylists, editors. It's like a glorified Planet Fitness!" The host chuckled. "I might just have to stop by soon... So I'm sure you already know I'm going to ask I mean it's all anyone's been taking about. You and Zayn huh... how'd that happen and how did you manage to keep it hidden." he smiled.

Liam took a quick discreet breath. He knew it was coming but hoped the time remaining on the show was coming to an end.

He put on his best smile then proceeded. "Aha yeah it wasn't really easy. We'd been seeing each other for some time, but then I took over after my father. I mean you know how that kinda looks." He said as he scratched his neck.

"Oh right! He is signed to the company! I mean in an ideal sense I get it, but you're both grown adults. There's gotta be a lot of history there though. You grew up together no?" Steven asked curiously.

"Yes we did! Our families are really close to one another." He respectfully nodded at the host.

"That's adorable! so it was just destined for you two then. I've got to know when was the first hint of affection? He asked clasping his hands together in a begging manner.

Niall didn't include anything of that sort in the notes. He glanced to Niall who discreetly motioned his hand telling him to go on.

Over the few weeks that he'd been coming to terms with his feelings, one particular moment stood out from the rest. He paused then decided to go along.

"Well for me it was when our families took a holiday up to the mountains. We'd been out on the trails all day just having fun. When it came time to head back to the lodge we piled in the van and soon he crashed out. I was on the verge until he landed on my lap."

"Ahh my heart mate. This bachelor has gone soft everyone watch out." The host grabbed at his chest playfully.

He just chuckled. "I looked down at him and it was a bit cold so I fastened his jacket but he still shivered so I just wrapped my arm around him and fell asleep. He has these long eyelashes that you can't help but stare at... Actually my mother sent me the picture a while back." He said reaching for his phone.

At that moment everything he said was from the heart. No made up story or anything. It was his earliest memory of his attraction toward the boy. He looked through the messages then opened the picture and showed the host.

"Wow that is just too sweet

"Wow that is just too sweet. So young! I have to say I was really shocked. You'd only ever been with girls so was it difficult to come to terms with?" Steven asked curiously

"No actually. I've known for a while now, but it wasn't something I thought was really necessary to say you know?" Liam responded.

"Right of course. Especially as a public figure. I understand that. Well Liam I wish you and Zayn nothing but the best. Thank you all for tuning in today and a special thanks to Liam Payne for sharing his experiences with us! I'll see you next week where we'll have Nando's CEO Colin Hill. Bye everyone!" The host said removing his headset.

"That was amazing! Thank you again for coming liam." Steven shook Liam's hand.

"Of course! It was a pleasure. I enjoy the show." He said and shook back.

Niall made his way to Liam's side. "Steven it's always nice to see you! Hey listen is it okay if I come back next week and sit in the interview with Nando's CEO? I love that place!"

"Wow and here I thought you actually wanted to hang with an old friend... I'll see what I can do. I gotta run so thank you again. Bye! He playfully pushed at Niall's shoulder then walked off.

"Ready?" He asked Liam.

"Yeah." He said calmly as they made their way out of the set.

"You did good Liam. The video version of it he said would be up by tomorrow. The live listeners are already fangirling over it! Especially the made up story. Everyone's loving it." Said Niall as he continued walking scrolling through his phone.

"It wasn't made up..." Liam blankly said. "I meant it." He looked to Niall then walked to his car without another word.

Niall only watched him leave. Now that one had feelings he wondered if the other felt the same. When he first met them he just knew there was more to them than they both led on. In actuality he was kind of rooting for them even though both were a new pain. Their emotions always getting the better of them.

Zayn's interview was next up in a few days so he was intrigued to see how he'd handle it. He advised Zayn to listen to or watch the podcast just to be in the same page. He was extra curious as to how Zayn would take what Liam said in.