Feeling 22

Can y'all believe our mans is 30!! I'm CRYING Ugh anyways here's baby boys birthday chapter! Enjoy!!

As he made his way over his mind flooded with so many thoughts. So much so that it sounded like TV static.
Everything meshed together.

Within a couple hours he'd be "official" with Liam. To make things more complicated the man he shared his New Years kiss with was begging for answers.

He approached Liam who was talking to a familiar looking man. "Hi... can I uh talk to you for a second?" He timidly asked.

Liam slowly turned to the voice and took him in. "uh sure... You remember Louis right?" He said pointing to the man next to him.

"Oh right. Yeah um hi... thank you for coming." He extended his hand out to the now remembered bartender. A hint of embarrassment shot up through him because the last time he saw the man he was drunk being dragged out the bar by Liam.

"Of course and happy birthday! Really nice event this is. I'm gonna go test the open bar. See if this club lives up to the hype. Catch you later Zayn." He responded patting Liams shoulder.

As he left the two alone they awkwardly avoided each other's gaze until Liam finally spoke. "So you and Riverdale?" Liam said with an expressionless face.

He tilted his head to the side confused. "Riverdale? Wait wha- oh uh KJ." Zayn realized. "We met New Years i-it's nothing." He said feeling a hint of sadness.

"Didn't look like nothing." Liam said downing a gulp of his drink.

"Well it is and are you drinking?" Said Zayn more concerned. His mind completely went over Liams attitude. He knew Liam chose to be sober a few years back so it shocked him to see Liam drinking.

The eldest swallowed the burning liquid and set the empty glass down. "Well how else am I going to get through this?"

"But I-I thought you didn't drink?" Zayn asked rubbing at his own arm. He could feel the hostility in Liams voice.

He downed another shot of whatever he was having. "We're not even public yet and you're already questioning me?" Liam said in a low yet bitter voice. Luckily all the other guests were too busy dancing the night away to sense the tension.

"Look. Niall just told me to come talk to you." He sighed out in frustration because he was just doing as he was told.

"Well talk to me after this damn kiss. I'd rather spend my last free moments alone." Liam scooted his chair back and followed in Louis direction.

Clenching his jaw to hold back his emotions he looked around. To his advantage nobody saw the interaction but he did catch Nialls eyes. He visibly saw Niall take in a big sigh and he only shrugged his shoulders at him. With a huff he looked for his friends.

When he found them Harry ran up to him clearly a little buzzed. "Look at my best friend all grown up!" He grinned stupidly.

"Haz we've been here like an hour and a half. Are you seriously already tipsy?" He giggled supporting his friend.

"It's an open bar Zayyynn also I met this really cool guy who's a bartender too! Lewis, Lucas, Lou-" he struggled.

"Louis." Zayn said shaking his head.