Karmas a B

"I care about you Zayn..." Liam stated. The past few weeks have been mentally challenging for him. He's been constantly thinking of Zayn. Anything he did his mind would go back to those nights. The way he held the model seemed so perfect. Even he was surprised that he came out and said it."Did it mean anything to you?" He asked the model hopefully.

This sense of vulnerability was new to him and this made him uneasy. He was always so one dimensional with his emotions and never let anyone see a different side of him.

Zayn was shocked to say the least. He stayed quiet after hearing that sentence. He wasn't too sure what to say. Every time he tried to speak he could feel his words getting jumbled up.

"I don't- I don't really know what to say..." he whispered. Part of him knew what he wanted to say, but the other half was asking if it was the right move. Admitting meant feeling and one thing Zayn was good about, is avoiding those feelings.

Would it help their current situation or could it cause all of it to come crashing down. He was thinking of the long run. Legally they were bound to each other, but the emotional aspect scared him. Could he genuinely be happy with Liam? Was following through with the contract without being attached a good thing? Zayn thought.

"Did it mean anything to you Zayn." Liam asked more abrupt. All he wanted was a simple answer just like he came out and said it. One thing he failed to realize was that Zayn too was internally battling with his own feelings and thoughts, much like he was.

Hearing the tone made Zayn come back into the moment. He knew the next words out of his mouth would determine how the conversation would turn out. With a huge inhale he spoke up. "No. No it didn't. It was just a mistake. We both know the terms of this contract... putting on a show is the goal. That's all it ever was. You really don't have to act like you care Liam." He responded not showing any emotion.

It took a lot to say because he hated lying. Desperately he wanted to be truthful in how he felt, but either way he knew he wasn't going to be happy. His life was over once his parents informed him about the contract. The chance at a relatively normal life was out the window.

The words hit Liam like an arrow. Here he was basically confessing his feelings to the model. Ultimately he wanted him to say it did because deep down he knew there might have been some feelings for him. He cringed at the last part of it because he hated that this comment was always being brought up. He did care otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

"It meant nothing right... well have a nice night and Merry Christmas Zayn. Liam stood and walked to the door.

He wanted to say something to prevent Liam from walking out the door but he told himself that this was for the best.

On the other hand Liam was hurting. He did his best not to show it. He hated that he didn't know why he cared so hard. Did he want this to work out between him and Zayn on another level beside the one agreed in the contract? Getting his coat on he paused reaching for one last word from the model but he didn't receive it. With that he opened the door and left.

Zayn sat on the table for a while contemplating everything that just happened. He had to be realistic about this from now on and this agreement between the two was all superficial. He touched the necklace Liam had just given him and frowned.

After exiting the loft and starting his car he made his way to The Hideout Lounge. Even though it was Christmas Eve he knew it'd still have some visitors. It was only around 11:30 pm when he walked into the mostly full club considering the holiday, but of course the people here were young and probably all single with no kids.

He strolled up to an open seat at the bar and immediately caught the eye of his friend and favorite bartender.

"Oh look who finally showed up and just in time before my birthday ended!" Said the bartender checking his watch.

"Hey Louis Happy birthday." He said taking his seat.

"Gee don't worry... it's not like 27's a big deal or anything. What's up with you?" Louis said setting some drinks down in front of a couple beside him.

"Everything. This damn contract, work, Zayn..." He said massaging his temple.

"Let me guess. You caught feelings for each other?" Louis shakes his head setting Liams usual in front of him.

What Harry was to Zayn is what Louis was to Liam. They both were always a reality check for the two. They said things like they were and even when Zayn or Liam weren't thinking it themselves leave it to the other to do so.

Liam sighed. "How'd you know?"

"Mate the two of you radiate sexual tension. When you guys were arguing here it was like looking at a newlywed couple." He said rolling his eyes. It was obvious to everyone but them.

"We ended up sleeping together... twice in a row." Liam still rubbed at his temple.

Louis was leaning over focused on the story. His eyes grew wide. "Wow. Twice Liam?" He asked raising a brow. "As far as feelings go what shifted?"

"I don't know. I guess in the moment it was just the tension? We'd been arguing about this contract and all of a sudden I stopped him from leaving and I just did it. I kissed him." Liam took a sip of his drink. He was so stressed out he was tempted to ask for alcohol.

"Do you like him Liam? And honest with yourself." He said moving around the bar tending to the few other people moving perfectly around the other bartender.

As Louis did his thing Liam was left with that question. He's dated a few people here and there but was there ever feelings involved. The only one he could recall that felt like the way he was feeling was his private school ex Danielle.

He really loved her but she went on to dance around the world. It was a hard long distance relationship for a year with Liam in college and her traveling so they called it quits. That was the last time he felt that type of pain till now. Was Zayns response personal? Liam thought.

With a clank of another glass in front of him he looks at Louis. "I-I guess I do. Why? How though? We shared two intimate moments... how is that possible."

"Oh Liam... come on you can't be that naive mate." Louis said grabbing a dry rag and slinging it around his shoulder.

"What?" Liams eyesbrows furrowed together.

"Either it's love at first shag or those feelings have always been there lad." Louis stated cleaning the space around him.

With a deep inhale he sighed. He hadn't thought about it like that. Yes him and Zayn had always grown up together and been around each other, but they never talked to each other. Sometimes he even envied Zayn because of how his father treated him. Zayn was just perfect in Geoffs eyes.

"Welcome to the wonderful world of love my friend. It hurts huh?" Louis leaned over and placed his head on his hands in a pondering motion."

Was this karma for his actions of the past? He thought.