Malik family values

A couple days later after his last class of the morning Zayn was picked up by Liam as usual. Instead of heading out to lunch they drove to Zayns parents house. Usually the ride was filled with jokes, laughs, kisses here and there but Zayn was quiet.

Liam kept one hand on the steering wheel while his free hand found Zayns thigh. With a reassuring rub he stopped bouncing it up and down nervously. "Sorry." Zayn looked toward him.

"Don't be. It's okay to feel nervous." He said eyes locked on the road in front of them.

"Yeah but what do I even say?" He sighed as he looked out the window.

"Be honest. Say how you felt and how you feel about everything. I'm sure they're going to understand." Liam squeezed. "Are you sure you want to go in alone? I'll go in with you if you're feeling nervous Z."

"No because I'll probably just let you talk." Zayn shook his head as they pulled into the driveway. "Here goes nothing." He unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Well I'll be right here and if things start going south just text me okay. You got this" Liam lightly kissed his hand.

Zayn smiled to him slipping his fingers out of the man's grip. Right as soon as he shut the door his nerves washed over him. With sigh he headed to the front door.

He entered the house with his own key waving at Liam then shutting the door behind him. He pressed his back up against it and collecting his thoughts.

Since it was around noon and he didn't spot them in the kitchen, Zayn knew exactly where they'd be. If the weather was nice Yaser and Trisha would sit out on the veranda and have lunch. A subtly approached as his parents were deep in a conversation.

Zayn cleared his throat to grab their attention. They both surprisingly looked to the noise noticing their son. The last time he had been in the house was Christmas Eve.

"Zayn?" Both said in unison confused.

"Uh hi..." he awkwardly waved.

They both pushed their chairs out from under them, getting up to hug their son. Even at his show at the end of fashion week they only attended and congratulated him. Other than that Zayn had spent the entire night at Liam's side.

"How are you son?" Yaser asked.

"What brings you here? Are you okay? Do you want some food?" Trisha pestered with questions as she embraced him.

Zayn felt a sense of comfort. He was always close with them until all this happened and if he was being honest he missed them.

"I'm okay. Thanks. I uh, I think it's time we talk."

"Of course. Come sit." Said his father releasing him from his embrace.

He took his seat along with his parents as they sat on the edge of their seat anxious to hear what he had to say. They both waited for him to speak.

After a second of silence and Zayn trying to find his words, Trisha spoke. "How are you and Liam?"

Thinking of Liam his nerves settled a bit. "We're good. Great really." His lips curled up into shy grin.

"Oh isn't that just sweet honey!" She clasped her hands together look to Yaser followed by a nod.

"I actually want to thank you guys." He said resorting to his habit of tugging his lip. "Im going to try and get this out as fast as possible because I'm going to lose it."

He received a nod from both parents and breathed in ready to let all his feelings go.

"I know we haven't really spoke since the day I stormed out. I just um, I needed time to process everything. I was so angry at the two of you... I hated feeling that way, but having your life all planned out in front of you on a piece of paper just felt surreal."

Yaser looked to Trisha and guiltily she frowned looking at her lap. He felt a jolt of hurt wave over him because all he's ever wanted to do was protect him, but it ultimately hurt him in the end.

"Looking back it kinda all makes sense now... the guys I met and introduced, but you two never approving or giving them a chance. You knew the whole time that one day this would happen so that's what hurt the most. Coming to terms with that." His tears started forming. Reliving all of that pain, hurt, and resentment was tough.

"Zaynie." Trisha reached for him but he shook his head.

"I'm not finished yet mom." Zayn blinked rapidly trying to not let them fall. She sunk back into her seat.

" I understand why you both did it though." He quickly let out.

He took a second to catch his breath he went on. "On Christmas Eve after the party, Liam came by and brought up how you mentioned the incident. Well I ended up telling him. Recently we talked more about it and he told me everything you said about not wanting to go through with it in the first place. Also that you only agreed to it after the incident baba... I know you just wanted to protect me."

Yaser wasn't one to show his emotions but the guilt was eating at him so he let show. That was the one of the very few subjects that wasn't easy for him to touch on.

"It's okay baba." Zayn reassured his father.

"And mum... I understand now why you and Geoff came up with it. You both only wanted security for both of us and that was one way to ensure it so I get it I do. I wish it was maybe even run by us, but I was young so I probably would've acted way worse and so would Liam. That aside I didn't come to get mad at you two." He lifted his shoulders. "I came to thank you."

From their state of shame they both looked up to meet their sons eyes with confusion. They shared side glances to each other then back to him.

"Thank us?" Trisha questioned as Yaser raised a brow.

"Yes. Without all this craziness I would've never come to terms with my own feelings towards Liam so for that I thank you... and I miss the both of you." Zayn exhaled deeply because it felt like he said that all in only two breathes.

His parents who were sitting across from him full of emotions got up and embraced him in a longing hug. A couple of tears here and there, they finally let him go.

They started explaining things from their point and Zayn listened in. He understood that there are two sides to every story and not just his so he carefully processed all of it. tons of apologies later Zayn gained his words again.

"Well thank you for giving him your approval. It means a lot to me and him of course." He blushed

"I've gotta say... he was a good young man before, yeah he got into some trouble and all, but you've changed him. Heck even Geoff complimented him and you know how he is with those compliments." Yaser patted his back.

"Yes Karen and I have been talking about it! She said how much happier he looks now. At first we just assumed it was because of that Neil of yours working his magic, but when Liam came talking about you like that I just melted." Trisha rested a hand at her heart.

He smiled brightly. "Yeah, he makes me melt to." He laughed out. "And it's Niall mom. Anyways I've got to run. Liams in the car probably worried about what's going on and he has to be back at the agency and I have a fitting." Zayn said hugging them one more time and dashing out the door.

Liam was again watching Selling Sunset on center console screen. Out the corner of his eyes he saw the door open and Zayn walk out. He hopped in the car face full of grin.

"I'm guessing it went good?" Liam said turning the volume down and buckling up.

"Yeah you can say that! Anyways let's go we gotta get you back to work handsome!" Zayn smile sheepishly at Liam. Liam only pecked his cheek then took off towards the agency. A happy Zayn makes everyone happy.