You have my heart

The next morning Zayn stirred awake to a lightly snoring Liam over him. He was deep in Liam's chest so he looked up to his sleeping face. He blinked the sleep out of his eyes and tried to move without waking Liam.

At the movement Liam woke up and looked down at him. "Morning" he said in his raspy voice. "Good morning" Zayn responded burying his face again.

"Where were you going." Liam asked tightening his grip on him.

"I was going to make breakfast." Zayn smiled up to him.

"Well let's go then." He smiled back.

The two walked downstairs to the kitchen. Zayn pulled out all the ingredients for a full spread and Liam assisted. The fridge and pantry had never been so full. Usually it was packed with meal preps but since being there zayn took the liberty of filling it. He also bought Zayn a new keurig since he didn't have any coffee machine for him.

Zayn finished up and made his coffee as Liam pulled out their plates, handing one to Zayn. They took their usual spots in the breakfast nook. As they ate Zayn told Liam all about the trip and how he met the cast of the show theyve been binge watching since their first official date.

They talked for a bit and Liam hesitated to bring up the topic he'd been thinking of all week long. He had gone over and over in his head of how to get it out, but he stopped worrying and went for it. "Hey Z we need to talk about something."

Zayns smile faltered. "That sounds serious." He said setting down one of the many coffee mugs Liam bought for him.

"It kinda is." Liam reached for his hand that laid across the table. "I uh got a call from Niall the day you landed and my father was asking some questions..." he consciously let out. "He was checking up on this uh process."

It took a second for him to realize what process Liam meant. Zayns body tensed up after, which was something that hadn't happened in months. He too had forgot about the thing that got them to this position. Liam swiped his thumb over Zayns hand, bringing him out of thought.

"You okay?" Liam asked squeezing his grip lightly.

"Y-yeah. Sorry I just kinda, I guess, forgot about that." Zayn said dropping his head.

"I did too... well I went to my father and asked why he wanted to know and that's when he told me about the year time frame." Liam sadly frowned.

"Time frame?" Zayn asked tilting his head.

"Yeah that's what I said too." Liam paused. "The reason Niall set us to... to uh be getting married in a year was because that's whats in the contract. From the date we signed it, we have to be married within that year or else we'd be in breach of contract." Liam sighed.

"I-I guess I did read it, but it was all j-just so much going on at-at the time and now that I didn't really process that." Zayn struggled to get out reliving all the emotions from then.

"I know. I sent him a copy of the contract after that first meeting, and I guess that's when he noticed it so he set the date and sent us his outline." Liam lifted his shoulders.

"Right." Zayn said looking off into the distance.

"Does this change anything between us Zayn?" Liam asked making him look back to the man.

"No. I mean, I don't think so. Does it for you?" Zayn softly looked into Liam's eyes.

Liam breathed out. "No. It doesn't. I've been thinking about something this whole week while you were gone so I went and talked to your parents, then I talked to Harry about it."

"My parents and Harry? What is it?" He said curiously.

"I know you haven't spoken to them lately, but I wanted to do this right." Liam placed his bottom lip between his teeth lightly tugging, out of nerves.

"Liam what is th-" Zayn started before being interrupted by Liam getting up from across the table and taking a knee beside him.

"According to Niall I'm going to be publicly proposing soon. I didn't plan on doing this till being reminded of everything so I went to your parents and Harry to get their blessing." Liam said reaching to cup his cheeks.

"I want you to know that this isn't because of our contract, or time sensitivity. I'm doing this because even though it's been a short amount of time I know how I feel." He said as he pulled out a simple band etched with Roman numerals.

Zayn inhaled with a skip of his heart at the sight. "I know promise rings are kinda dorky and so middle school, but what we have goes far beyond the surface. We have a very unplanned slash technically planned as we go type of situation-ship you and I." Liam smiled up to him letting out a slight laugh. Tears began forming in Zayns eyes.

"This is my promise to you that regardless of this contract my feelings for you are real and not just a show for the public anymore. I Love You Zayn." Liam said handing him the ring.

Zayns tears fell. In the past month since his fashion show they hadn't said those words to each other. Speechless he grabbed the ring and examined it through his slightly watered eyes. He smile to Liam and asked, "What are the numbers?"

"It's the day I quit denying that I felt something for you and finally told you." Liam looked up to him doe eyed. "If you don't feel the same way I understand. I know our lives have been crazy and everything plus I was an assh-" he was cut off by a kiss from Zayn.

"I Love You too Liam." Zayn said as he disconnected from his lips and stared deeply at him.

"Really?" Liam beamed.

"Yes and umm... yeah. It is pretty dorky, but it's cute. I love it, although I can't wear it just yet. Niall might have a hard time explaining it if someone zoomed into my hand." Zayn chuckled as liam slipped the ring on.

"Yeah of course I get it." Liam stood up from kneeling beside Zayn.

"You know I think you and Harry are one conversation short of becoming best friends. When did you even talk to him by the way? He didn't say anything the whole trip and that boy can hardly keep a secret." Zayn quirked his brow standing up.

"Don't push it Malik. Just know I owe him big for keeping quiet." Liam pecked his lips wiping the stray tear off and heading back to his place at the table.

"What did my parents say?" Zayn asked taking his seat again.

"Your dad questioned me the most. Your mom cried and said how happy she was for us. I really think you should talk to them Z. They care about you." Liam grabbed his hand over the table once more.

"Ive been wanting to I just didn't know what to say." He said sighing.

"I'll go with you if you want me to." Liam reassured.

"No it's okay. Thank you though, but I think it's something I should do alone."

"Of course. Now... is Emma really that tall or is it just that Jason and Brett make everyone look taller? Liam asked genuinely curious switching the subject back to Zayns trip. With a laugh Zayn continued to rehash the events of that past week and started in on his food again.

The two were now officially a couple in their own private lives and it felt good on both ends. For Zayn it felt like everything he wanted was coming into fruition regardless of how they got there. As for Liam is wasnt necessarily what he though he wanted but it's what he knew he needed. He was happier than he ever had been.