Chapter 35

Pov. Park Sunghoon*

"Gee, gee, gee, baby, baby, baby! Gee, gee, gee, be-be-be, be-be-be," Sunoo and Riki sang at the top of their lungs as they whipped out the gnarliest dance moves. I held the tambourine in my hand and let the bells ring in time. Jake had just returned from the bathroom and entered the karaoke booth with a big grin on his face before hopping over to the youngest and singing along loudly.
It was 07:00 p.m. Before that, we were all at university, which is why we were still wearing our uniforms.
Sunoo came up with the glorious idea of going to karaoke tonight because he really wanted to do something with us that didn't involve studying or the rink. Likewise, Jake and I had no choice because Riki and Sunoo had already rented a room this morning.

But how could you refuse a request from such a sweet boy like Sunoo?

My phone display suddenly lights up.

___________

Lee Heeseung
Stop reading my messages and not replying to them
[07:05 a.m.]

Lee Heeseung
I just want to talk. As soon as possible. Preferably today. Very peacefully
[10:23 a.m]

Lee Heeseung
I'm also not going to hit you or anything like that. I am serious
[01:14 p.m]

Lee Heeseung
Hello?
[04:30 p.m]

Lee Heeseung
Sunghoon?!
[06:57 p.m]

Lee Heeseung
You son of a bitch, answer me!!!
[07:02 p.m]

Block Lee Heeseung
Blocked contacts can no longer call or message you. Do you really want to block this contact?

[Yes] / [No]

___________

My gaze remained fixed on the KakaoTalk message, my thumb hanging over the [Yes] button. But I stared at the screen, frozen until it went dark and locked itself.
Since the deleted message the day before yesterday, he started leaving me lots of messages all the time. He wanted to talk to me.

"It's important!", he claimed.

The words "personal", "as soon as possible" or "don't ignore me" appeared here with more often.

And yes, I ignored his messages. I decently wanted to get into a conflict with him, as he can be extremely scary. I personally speak from experience, as I was friends with him for a brief time. I thought he was not that terrifying as a persona.

A queasy feeling spread in my stomach; hard I swallowed a lump down my throat.

Was it because I displaced Namra? No, it doesn't make sense. He wrote to me the day before yesterday before I talked to Namra and Sora. What else was the reason? Or was he mad at me because I destroyed Jake and his friendship? Oh, fuck it!

A wry note from Riki snapped me out of my thoughts. Laughter erupted and Sunoo came over to the sofas and urged me to sing along. He pulled me by the arm, but I whined and would not get up. "Eojjeomyeon joayo!" he sang soulfully and held the mike under my nose, but I did not sing along. "Sujubeun naneunyo!" he continued, giving me a nasty look. "Molla molla hamyeo!"
"Maeil geudaeman geurijo!", I conceded defeat and rose likewise, singing along with motivation.

But I would be lying if I said that the matter of Heeseung didn't occupy me seriously.

(...)