Chapter 9

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

After this long day, I longed for nothing more than to finally lie in my bed to rest. I was about to fall asleep, but the vibration of my cell phone made me sigh in annoyance. I must have forgotten to put my cell phone on silent.

Blindly, I groped for the device on the nightstand and stared with small eyes at the bright screen.

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Instagram
You have received a message from "jak_eee"

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Surprised, I blinked a few times and stroked my closed eye.

Did Jake really just write to me? Or was it just a mirage, a kind of illusion of fatigue? Was my mind trying to play a trick on me?

I unlocked my phone and opened Instagram. Sure enough, Jake left me a message.

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

jak_eee
Hi Hoon. What are you doing, do you feel like going out? :)

pa_hoon
Hi Jake. Was about to fall asleep. Forgot to put the phone on silent, lol. What are you doing? What makes you go out now, it's midnight :0

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Grinning, I sat up and ran my hand over my tousled hair. I felt the slight excitement in my stomach and looked waiting at my screen.

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

jak_eee
Have stress again... thought you were still awake because you were jogging at this time the other day.

jak_eee
But if you want to sleep, I'll leave you alone! I certainly don't want to deprive you of your beauty sleep. After all, you almost fell asleep during tutoring! XD

pa_hoon
Hahaha right! No, we can go out together with pleasure! Where should we meet? :D

pa_hoon
What kind of stress do you have? What's the matter?

jak_eee
I'll tell you at Yang-Gimbap at 00:30? Do you know the bar? :3

pa_hoon
Yes, I know the bar! See you later :>

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

"Whoa, did that really just happen?" I asked, dumbfounded, throwing the phone on the bed, and running my hand through my tousled hair in surprise.

Full of anticipation, I immediately jumped down from the bed, groped my way blindly to the light switch and when it turned on, I moved towards the closet. I quickly grabbed a pair of blue jeans, a gray sweater, and a "The North Face" jacket.

Then the wallet and cell phone, before I stormed out of the room.

Wait!

I rushed back into the room and looked skeptically into the mirror in my closet. Nervously, I tugged the outfit into place and looked at myself critically.

I shouldn't worry too much. It's just a meeting between friends, isn't it?

Without giving it much thought, I quickly ran downstairs to the door. Fortunately, I didn't meet any family members on the way down, I could even hear my father snoring!