Chapter 39

Pov. Jake Sim*

Damn, I couldn't concentrate! Since the accident, Sunghoon had completely ignored me, and I hadn't seen Heeseung since then either.

The professor was writing something on the board, so I reached into my backpack and pulled out my cell phone. I quickly unlocked it and tapped the screen to select a contact.

If I couldn't reach Sunghoon, I had to turn to a second person, and that was Sunoo, of course.

My fingers slid across the display to compose a message. After sending the text, I tapped impatiently on the table.

___________

Jake Sim
Oi Sun. Do you know what is going on with Hoon? Can't reach him somehow...
[05:43 p.m.]

___________

I tilted the phone so that it was protected from prying eyes, like Jay's. He stared unobtrusively at my phone instead of concentrating on the lesson.

All right, I wasn't a good role model in this case.

Again I looked at the screen. Three dots appeared, indicating that he was writing. I nervously straightened up and looked at it impatiently.

___________

Kim Sunoo
Hi Jakey. Unfortunately, Idk what's going on with him. I tried to talk to Hoon but couldn't get through...
[05:45 p.m.]

___________

Wait. Does that mean that Sunoo talked to him after the accident? In-person or only by phone? And why is Sunghoon avoiding me but not him?

I looked up and noticed the professor was looking at me. So I grabbed a pen and pretended to write something on the paper with one hand while typing under the table with the other.

___________

Jake Sim
Is it true that Hoon doesn't come to college anymore? Do you know what happened and why he's avoiding me? Is he still mad about the party thing?
[05:46 p.m.]

___________

After a short break, the three dots reappear. Although the classroom was usually very cold (probably because the professors always had to open the windows because of the "Corona ventilation"), my shirt stuck to my body with nervousness. I had to wait for what felt like an eternity for his answer, but finally, my phone vibrated.

___________

Kim Sunoo
According to Nam, he won't be coming back. Actually, I don't want to reveal too much... Also, he is my bbf, which is why I can't divulge everything, even though I hardly have a clue what's going on either. But he probably hasn't digested the party yet, that's the only thing I can and want to say. Unfortunately, Idk more, sorry...
[05:54 p.m.]

Jake Sim
Ok but thanks
[05:55 p.m.]

___________

So, Sunoo knew something that I was not aware of... what is he hiding?

The bell rang loudly, and the professor ended the lecture.
I packed up my things while chairs were moved around the floor, tables were pushed, and students left the room.
I toyed with the idea of showing up at Sunghoon's house. But I left it at that idea.