Chapter 12

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

I don't know how Namra convinced me to go to the party in first place, but now we were unexpectedly standing in front of Choi Yeonjun's house.

Damn, I was such a people pleaser. Namra kept repeating during practice that she really wanted to go with a friend because it would be too boring for her to go alone.

When I told her to go with her best friend Sora, she said she would follow later and it would be much better with me.

So Namra spent the rest of the training session persuading me, and in the end I gave in... But we came to an agreement because, after all, the upcoming competition was important and we couldn't let up.

In front of Choi Yeonjun's house, we were met by loud music blaring from inside and greeted by the sight of already tipsy students. We walked past a group of smokers who, for the most part, paid us no attention. Only with one of them I had briefly unpleasant eye contact, which I, however, for fear to provoke him unintentionally, briskly interrupted again. I was aware of my stupid habit of staring, which had often led to misunderstandings and had already caused me enough embarrassing situations.

Once inside, various neon lights flickered and illuminated the large living room as the only light source. I watched as the rays bounced against the wall, jumped wildly around the room, and flitted across the faces of the celebrating people. It was hard for me to recognize anyone here, and the flickering, colorful lights didn't make seeing any easier right now. Loud music was blaring in my ears, I could feel the bass in my chest.

Slightly overwhelmed, I watched as Namra perceived all the stimuli and looked at the people completely euphoric. I scanned the room a bit with anticipation and unconsciously searched for a very specific person.

Namra said that Jake and her brother Heeseung would also be here. Inside I was probably looking for Jake, somehow I hoped to see him again as I was good at talking to him.

Even though the head cinema from yesterday was very odd, I still wanted to spend time with him. The feeling was strange for me, but still I hoped to have a few normal words with him tonight...

That didn't mean I felt great here and now, on the contrary. I felt completely out of place. Namra noticed my tension and pressed a cup of Smirnoff Ice into my hand, which she had just picked up from a table. Hesitantly , I accepted it.

"Didn't we have an agreement? I'll only come to the party if we don't get drunk, after all, the competition is in two days!" I said a little louder and looked at her with raised eyebrows. It was difficult to communicate because of the loud music, so she came a little closer to my ear and replied: "You said the catchphrase! If I don't drink a lot, I can't get drunk, right? But that doesn't mean I'm not going to consume a drop of alcohol tonight. Just lighten up a bit, we're still young. Doesn't hurt, does it?", Namra countered, grinning mischievously at me.

"But Namra, you know that alcohol makes you feel weak and-" I began, but was interrupted by her in mid-sentence: "You're holding a cup of Smirnoff Ice yourself," she quipped playfully and put a hand on my shoulder before pointing to my red cup with her chin. "Have a Sipp," she giggled and took a sip of her drink herself.

"Nam! You're here!", I heard someone with blue hair yell, before I could respond to her. "Well, logo! I brought another friend, hope that's okay!" she informed yelling to drown out the volume of the music. Curious, I looked at the guy.

"Sunghoon, this is Yeonjun. Yeonjun, this is Sunghoon," she introduced me to the organizer, to which I got a big grin from him. "Thats totally fine. The more people the better! Would either of you like a brownie?", he asked afterward, opening a Tupperware, which I hadn't even noticed before.