Chapter 10

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Jake Sim

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Concentrated, I pressed the buttons on the game console and tried the best combos to defeat Heeseung's virtual opponent. But my best friend had saved his special attack for last, which he now used against me ice-cold. As expected, he completely destroyed me, and my avatar died.

"The victory should have been mine; I had the much better combos! Didn't you hurt a hand in the match?", I fretted, massaging my temple in thought. "Well... If you had the better combos, then you should have won, right? Just admit that I'm way better than you. Even if my hand is slightly injured!" laughed Heeseung, jokingly sticking out his tongue.

"Dude, shut up!", I teased, pulling Hee's leopard-patterned cap in his face. Reflexively, he lashed out with his fist, but I backed away. "Never do I confess that you're better. Yesterday, things looked very different.," I laughed, whereupon Hee pulled his cap back up and looked at me meaningfully.

"You don't have to confess it because I already am. That's a fact that no one in the world can change!" grumbled Hee confidently, grinning widely. He then rubbed his stomach and glanced at the wall clock, which hung above the television. "Are you hungry too?", he changed the subject. "Yeah, kind of..."

With those words, Heeseung rose and walked into the kitchen, closely followed by me. Namra was standing in front of the stove, stirring around in a broth while scrolling around on her cell phone with her other hand.

She was humming softly to herself and didn't seem to have noticed us at all, she was probably very engrossed. Immediately, Heeseung leaned over the pot and inhaled the delicious-smelling steam.

"Sundubu jjigae?" he asked, one eyebrow raised. "Oha, now I'm only hungrier, that looks really delicious!", I whined and rubbed my belly in anticipation. Without hesitation, Heeseung took a spoon from the drawer and wanted to try a little.

But like fury or even a vice, Namra grabbed his wrist and looked sternly at her younger brother. "Forget it! This is for Sunghoon and me. After training, we want to eat together, so I'm only cooking for him. As much as you two would eat, there's nothing left for us in the end," Namra admitted venomously, earning an annoyed eye roll from Heeseung and a disappointed sigh from me.

Then he tore himself away from her, put the spoon away again and deliberately closed the drawer like a tank. "Oh god, what's great about Sunghoon? Are you his mother that you even have to make lunch boxes for a nineteen-year-old? Are you going to bring him his favorite coffee in that crappy thermos again, too, like you've been doing for the last couple of years?" growled Hee, annoyed, moving away from the pot.

"Why don't you make food for your little brother for once? Instead, you just take care of that arrogant ice prince or whatever everyone calls him!"

"He's not arrogant!"

After that, his gaze stopped on Namra's phone. Her screen was still on and apparently, she was on Instagram. Looking closer, I could see that she had Sunghoon's Instagram profile open.

Immediately, Heeseung stole Namra's phone and scrolled through Sunghoon's posts. I stood behind him and curiously peeked at the pictures since Hoon hadn't uploaded anything yet.

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

pa_hoon