Chapter 5

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

"Well, you two? Are you ready for some fun?" asked Ms. Jung, after which she studied her notes.

Ms. Jung was Namra's and my private figure skating coach. A very strict woman with short brown hair and thin glasses.

Namra got on the ice and spun around first before turning to Ms. Jung. "Yeah, sure!" Namra grinned pompously. "I've never looked forward to training like this before!", I added bluntly, taking off my skate pads and stepping onto the ice a few seconds later. The first thing we did was warm up with a few laps.

As always, Namra and I had the rink to ourselves so we could practice without any disturbing factors.

"Och, you really missed yesterday at pizza...", Namra started and folded her hands behind her back. "I was tired sorry. Did you have fun? Were the pizzas tasty?", I inquired turning around and now backing up so I could face Namra.

"I only had a salad, gotta watch my line!" she said, sighing in disappointment. "Hey, don't say that! You work out every day! You can eat whatever you want. So please don't say you have to watch your line, ok?", I said plainly and nodded encouragingly. "Oh, stop it! ~ Do you think I'm pretty?"

"Um... yeah?", I laughed sheepishly and turned back around so I could pull up beside her. "Pff you've been thinking way too long!," she muttered in a huff, giving me an offended smack on the back of the head, and quickly motioning to Ms. Jung. "I didn't mean that!"

"Hey, you two, cut the nonsense. Let's get started on some real training!"

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

The training was exhausting as always, but fortunately, we finished amazingly fast today and the time flew by. The only thing that Ms. Jung had to criticize was the lifting figures.

I should keep Namra more stable in the air. That's why I have to go to the gym tomorrow... I wanted to chill on Sunday, but now I had to train again! What a pity...

"Hey! When are you guys done, we want to get on the ice too!" the second division ice hockey coach, Mr. Kim, yelled impatiently, looking stunned at Ms. Jung. Just to let everyone know: Mr. Kim and Ms. Jung were the biggest squabblers. There wasn't a second when you didn't see them arguing.

"You guys are already 10 minutes over time! My boys have an away game on Monday that they have to win at all costs!" he shouted after us, waving his arms in anger.

"We only need five more minutes. Please be patient a little longer!" shouted Ms. Jung and now turned back to us. "The ice is ours now, we paid for it!" said Mr. Kim. Before Ms. Jung could say another word, the Ice Hockey players jumped onto the rink with their sticks and pucks.

"Jay! To me!" yelled Hee, raising his arm excitedly. Shortly after, a loud thud was heard and Hee purposely whizzed close to us with the puck on his stick, causing Namra to cling to me in uncertainty. "Can't you be careful?" she hissed and let go of me in response. "Sibling love!" laughed Hee, sticking his tongue out in amusement.

"The only thing I wanted to say was that you shouldn't train too extremely tomorrow!", Ms. Jung quickly added, saying goodbye, and wanting to get off the ice as soon as possible.

"Hey, Sunghoon!" Jake appeared in my field of vision with a charming smile on his face. He stopped in front of us and casually leaned on his bat. "Hi, Jake."

A nervous grin flitted across my lips, and I was pleased to see him again. "How are you doing? Do you have any complaints from yesterday?" he inquired, scanning me from top to bottom. "What happened yesterday?" interjected Namra, concerned.

"I fell while running," I laughed sheepishly, turning my attention back to Jake. "My arms hurt a little, otherwise I survived," I explained with a laugh. "What, why didn't you tell me that? Is that why the lifting figure didn't work?" asked Namra excitedly. "It's not that bad no worries," I assured, trying to reassure the older one.

"On another subject, I think you forgot to accept my friend request on Instagram. Unless you don't want me to follow you!" admitted Jake, laughing shy. "Really? Haven't even looked at my app since last night, I was so tired after jogging that I went straight to bed!", I said, scratching the back of my head in embarrassment.

How could I forget this?!

"Thought you weren't going to accept my request haha! Well then, my training is starting. See you again at tutoring!" He said goodbye with a wide grin and mischievously drove past us. With a slight smile, I looked after him. However, realizing what I had just done, I looked around, cleared my throat, and turned my attention to Namra.

"Let's see about getting out of here. I need something to drink!"

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Next to the bus stop was a vending machine, which was near the ice rink. Namra took her purse out of her pocket and was already digging out some coins.

"Faster! Before the training starts!", I heard someone say excitedly. "But the training has already started," lamented another.

My eyes wandered to the action. Two teenagers were standing by the vending machine, hopping. A bar got stuck, which is why one of them had an arm stuck in the machine and was frantically fishing for his bar.

"Wait, take your fin out, let's try force," the other abruptly suggested. A few seconds later, the boys began rattling the vending machine.

"Riki! Sunoo! Are you guys coming now? Mr. Kim is already asking where you are!" a boy yelled from under the doorway of the hall. "Jungwon! We need to get the bar.... my money!" said Sunoo pouting, the other skillfully ignoring Jungwon.

Kim Seonwoo aka Sunoo and I met at the rink and became good friends. We didn't have much to do with each other, but whenever he was here, we could have a good talk.

"Do you need help?", I interfered in the action, whereupon I got two puzzled faces as an answer. "Hey guys, cut the nonsense and go to practice," Namra said sternly and tried to shoo away the two Ice Hockey players.

Now I was the one who had a confused face. "But my bar is stuck. I'll just get it out quickly, then we'll go!" protested the taller one. "Come on Namra, we're role models!" Convincingly, I looked at her and pulled my wallet out of my back pocket before examining the vending machine. "The chocolate bar, then?", I asked.

The younger nodded vigorously. I scraped some coins out of my wallet and dropped a certain amount into the slot. After that, I typed in the number and the latch, which was stuck before, flew down, followed by three more!

"Oh!", Riki rejoiced with his mouth open and took all the chocolate bars from the vending machine. "Here!" Riki handed one bar over to Sunoo and the rest he was going to give back to me. "Keep it and now hop on the ice!"

"Thank you Hyung!", Sunoo thanked me and Riki was also happy about it before they both ran towards the rink.

"Oh, you're so nice. That's why you're just the best," Namra murmured, looking at me dreamily. Flattered, she cleared her throat with a small 'thank you'.

"Aww, I like it when you look embarrassed like that," she grinned and poked me in the stomach. "I was just helping, that's all," I replied with a smile. "You wanted another drink?", I changed the subject.

"Yeah, I think I'll have some water" She started counting the money, but I waved it off. "It's ok I'll pay for your water. I think I'll have one too!" I bought two water bottles and put one in Namra's hand.