Chapter 6

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

On Sunday, as instructed by my coach, I stood in front of the gym next to the ice rink reserved for all the figure skaters and hockey players.

Actually, I wanted to shirk, but Namra had unpacked her best powers of persuasion. Well, she was very ambitious and said: "If you train your arms now, then our lifting figure will be fantastic and we will win the tournament for sure, you can bet on it! I'm coming too!"

From far away I could see Namra walking towards me. When I appeared in her field of vision, she waved at me eagerly and quickened her pace.

"Why are you always so early, we were supposed to meet in five minutes. It makes me feel guilty," she said sulkily, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Then she scanned me from top to bottom.

"Are you already changed?" she grumbled, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. "I'm not waiting long at all. Likewise, I wanted to jog home after the gym. That's why I came already changed," I admitted and opened the door for the gym.

"Very athletic on the road", Namra giggled. Confirming, I nodded as she walked into the building. "I guess that means you didn't bring a terry cloth?" noted Namra, at which point I could have slapped myself. "Forgot..."

"Should have guessed, wait..." The older one rummaged in her gym bag and handed me a small blue terry cloth towel. "Thanks," I laughed awkwardly, as Namra had often thought for me, knowing how forgetful I was.

"I'm going to go change!" she then said and disappeared into the cabins, which is why I decided to start my arm workout. I made my way to the cable trainer.

After setting the appropriate weight, I took the rope over my head and pulled on it while breathing in and out deeply. When my arms were almost fully extended forward and horizontal above the floor, I held the position and then returned to it, exclusively bending my forearms again.

"Well done! With an attitude like that, you'll win the game tomorrow!" yelled an older man. With a glance, it turned out to be the second division ice hockey coach. He walked out of a room, his teammates right behind him.

My gaze stopped on Jake, who strolled exhaustedly out of the room, Hee, and Jay beside him. They all grabbed a water bottle, with me watching Jake. At the same time, I tried to do my exercises, but my eyes had other things on their minds, and couldn't take their eyes off Jake.

The way he put the opening of the bottle to his mouth. His gray jersey shirt stuck to his body and from sweating the contours of his muscles were visible.

Shortly after, he and his friends turned to the dumbbells. They sat down on a flat bench, whereupon Jake picked up a dumbbell and began to work his biceps. He threw Jay and Hee a sly grin and macholy presented his arm muscles, which were fully tensed.

I swallowed hard.

"Stop bragging. We can both do it too, even blindfolded with a triple backflip!," Jay countered indignantly and likewise took a dumbbell in his hand.

How could Jake look so handsome? He didn't get a red head and you couldn't see any sign of effort at all.

I was so dreamy watching him that I didn't notice Jake looking at me. Realizing this, I blushed and gave him a quick nod of greeting.

"Shit..." it escaped me. "Can I help you?" asked a passing fitness instructor who had heard my curse. "What, no, no. Everything's great, thank you," I said with suffering, even with an ironic laugh.