Chapter 1

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

"The training was exhausting but bearable... Yes, mom, I'm on my way to math tutoring right now... Namra is here too... wait what? You don't believe me? Why? Wait..." I took the phone from my ear and handed it to Lee Namra who was walking silently beside me.

"Can you please prove to my mom that I'm going to tutoring with you and not to the internet café?", I asked the older one sighing and giving her a pleading look, whereupon she picked up my phone. Briefly, I could see it rattling in her head. She quickly took in my information and planned her next move before holding the phone to her ear. "Hello, Mrs. Park?... Yeah right!"

Slightly annoyed, I let out a sigh. Lately, my university grades have been getting worse due to all the figure skating practice. That's why my parents forced me to attend math tutoring, intending to carve an even more perfect son out of me, just like they always wanted.

Since my figure skating partner Namra also has difficulties in math, she suggested to my parents during one of our tournaments to visit the tutoring sessions of Mr. Choi. He was very expensive, but the lessons would be very worthwhile and improvements in university performance could be seen after only the second lesson.

So, today was my first day and my motivation was already hanging in the basement. From this point on, I knew that I finally had no more free time. The day will be like this: I will go jogging in the morning before university, then sit tired in class, after which I have to go to ice skating practice and then to tutoring...

Whew...

"Thank you, Mrs. Park. I wish you and your husband a wonderful evening!" With those words, Namra hung up and handed the phone back to me. "I need to get that off my chest: I almost forgot how stubborn your mother can be!" she admitted openly and honestly, exhaling wearily. "Yes, she is... but she can also be nice, though. Well, thanks for helping me!"

"No big deal, I was happy to do that for you!"
We both stopped in front of a building. "Here we are. We have to put on masks, they are mandatory here," Namra said and opened the front door. We put on our hygiene masks and entered the building together.

"I've had to go to the bathroom since we left the rink! You can go ahead. You just have to go up the stairs and the second door on the left. I'll be right behind you!", she said suddenly, laughing sheepishly. "No problem, see you later!", I said understandably, whereupon she disappeared from my field of vision.

Damn, now I had to walk alone in a room full of strangers. Since I was training 24/7 due to my figure skating career, I had almost no friends.

So it was hard for me to feel comfortable around strangers. I hated moments like that, but in life, you also have to dare to do things that you would prefer to avoid.

Nervously I strolled to the classroom. As I could hear voices, I started to get anxious.

It's never easy to be "the new kid".

I breathed in and out deeply before entering the classroom. It was noisy, a group of girls was laughing, some chatted with each other, other students were already busy studying and the rest were just taking a little nap.

The teacher was leaning against the desk, leafing through a math book. As I stood under the doorframe, he looked up from the book in surprise. "Ah. A new face! Mr. Park, isn't it?", he inquired curiously, putting the book aside before walking in my direction. "Yes, that's right. I'm here for tutoring."