Chapter 8

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

Pov. Park Sunghoon

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

When Yeji and I arrived home around 2:30 a.m. last night, our mother was sitting on the sofa in the living room with her nightgown on and her arms folded. On the coffee table was a glass of wine and a bowl of peanuts.

She looked at us skeptically but didn't say much except: "I hope you had fun. Make sure you don't wake your father. Good night."

Neither Yeji nor I had expected such a reaction. We both suspected the worst, a giant stand-up or even a final social withdrawal. However, none of us got any consequence and got off lightly!

❆ ˚ 。⋆ ⋆。˚ ❆

"I don't get it!" Sunoo snapped me out of my thoughts.

Currently, I was in the library of the university and was teaching Sunoo and Riki some chemistry topics. For the fifth time, I tried to explain the chemical equilibrium to them using the apple war. As an answer, however, I only got a puzzled face from Sunoo.

"Riki, do you understand what Hoon is talking about?", Sunoo asked his best friend to make sure he wasn't the only one who didn't understand my explanation.

The youngest looked up from his phone and wrinkled his nose. "Not quite...", Riki mumbled and grinned innocently, but then looked back at his phone instead of filling out the worksheet.

"Are you even listening to Sunghoon Hyung?" asked Sunoo, but Riki shook his head, his gaze fixed on the small device. Straining, I exhaled. "Can we please stop studying and do something fun," Sunoo grumbled, but I shook my head. "You wanted me to explain this to you!"

"How's it going with Jake, by the way? How far along are you two, actually?", Sunoo suddenly picked up, scribbling some stick figures on his worksheet. "Please what?!" I almost choked on my spit as I let the question run through my mind again.

"You could teach him how to move well on the ice. Dancing and so on. It's much better than pushing each other around on the ice like hooligans and full of testosterone. Ugh, I wonder why I even play ice hockey...", Sunoo suggested and then looked at me.

"What, is there something going on between Jake and you?" the youngest asked incredulously. "So do you ever look up from your phone?" asked Sunoo indignantly.

"Nothing is going on between Jake and me!", I replied to which Riki nodded slowly and went back to staring at his phone. "Back to dancing, how about it? You guys can shake a leg!"

"No, why would I do that? Likewise, I can't teach anyone to dance," I countered, massaging my temple in annoyance. Why did I get involved in the conversation in the first place?

"You were Korean champion several times in figure skating as a single person and couple dancing! So, surely you can teach him, right?", Riki suddenly interfered again. "But this is different!"

"Don't be so coy, after all, it's not like you're teaching Jake how to dance in bed," Sunoo added with his straight mouth, causing Riki to slap his best friend's shoulder hard. For the second time of the day, I almost choked on my spit before I started coughing hard.

"YA! Do you want to die?!", I grumbled and looked around nervously. Sunoo, however, chuckled softly. "I'm just looking for something you guys can do together!" he defended himself. "Just because we're both good on the ice doesn't mean we have to spend our whole lives there," I said, heaving a sigh.

"Jake and I are just good acquaintances, that's all," I said, rising. "I have tutoring coming up. Here are the summaries I had done for my last chemistry exam. Hopefully, I can help you with them," I explained and handed the sheets to both of them.