37

Neymar came and picked Davi a few moments later. He told me something that seemed to resonate with me for the rest of that day. "Papai is always happy with you" he said to me and I smiled it off. There was no specific reason for me to think of it but just that I did. I was thinking about Richarlison and just that moment I saw that he was calling me. I took a deep breath.

R❤️ calling...

"Hey" I said, "hello there"
"Before we say anything I need to say something Richarlison" I spoke. I was not going to keep leading him on as much as I love him I don't think he deserves this. He deserves someone who is for him and him only and not someone who is confused about what love really is right now. "I need to tell you something too" he said. "You first" i didn't want to go first really.

"No no you go ahead" he gave me the chance to speak. "Okay...I love you Richarlison I really do. I want to stay in this even though I'm not sure if you're "the one" but that's not fair to you at all. I'm not going to let someone with an amazing heart like yours just go through something because I'm selfish"

"Gabriela please don't"

I shut my eyes tight hearing that voice of his clearly in pain, "sometimes I wonder if our timing was different, if I had met you earlier in my life If this would've worked out different. I'm sorry rich" I couldn't control my voice now. I couldn't control it at all as tears began falling from my eyes and I could hear him sniffling from the other end as well.

"Gabi I already know where this is going and all I want to say is the months I had with you was one of the best moments of my life and being without you is going to be fucking hard for me. I made my share of mistakes and I understand where you're coming from so I'm not going to try to convince you to be with me but I love you so much more than you realize baby"

Baby. When he said baby, it physically pained me to know that now he wouldn't be calling me that again. "You're going to make some other girl the luckiest girl ever" I chuckled. "I don't know how to move on when we planned so much together but I guess I'll have to figure it out" he mumbled I could hear him wiping his nose. "Are you crying you loser" I said wiping my tears that still kept falling regardless.

He chuckled, "shut up gabi, I just know your eyes are all puffy and filled with tears because you love me so much" he joked, "you deserve someone who loves you more than you can ever imagine" I told him and this was a moment I wished I could hug him right and not let go until someone pulled me away from him. I wanted one last hug with him. One last kiss. But here we were on either side of a telephone.

"I used to think I would cry tears at our wedding, not to leave you behind....but It's the right thing to do" I finally said and he laughed, "oh I totally see you ugly crying at your wedding" it wasn't ours anymore.

There were a few seconds of silence. We were lovers and also friends, we loved eachother and sadly I didn't want him to be with me when he should have someone new and not broken. He deserves the world and more and sometimes when you truly love someone you need to let them go because you know that they can do better without you. " I love you Gabriela" he said and I broke into more tears knowing he did too, "I love you too rich, I want you to be happier" i put my face in my hand the other on the phone.

This was the end of us. This was it. "I guess this is goodbye huh" he said. "I guess"

The phone call ended. I took a deep breath just taking in what happened. It was the right thing I kept trying to convince myself. This changes most of it.

It's been 3 days the PR team was meeting up with the team of the game to get pictures and statements for promoting the team and all. The other journalist and myself were to talk to them through the day and get enough quotes and statements to publicize. It was not as official as you would expect since the public work team hangs out with the team pretty often.

I walked around speaking to a few people. "Hi" Mbappe smiled, "hello there" I said, "shoot a few questions quickly so that I don't need to answer the other journalists" he whispered. "So I'm your favorite reporter then, good to know" I laughed before noting down a few of what he said and asking him some things too. "Unofficially I love your name Kylian"
It was for some reason such a pretty name to say. "I've heard that it means church man" I added, "no way for real? I feel like I did google my names meaning as a kid but my memory is shit" the conversation lasted a few minutes
"Thanks Gabriela" he said. "No prob"

I took a seat nearby and looked through my phone.

Ney
You here?

Gabi
Yep

Ney
Found you

I looked up and he walked towards me, taking a seat next to me he spoke "dude that other journalist doesn't shut up"
"Don't be rude neymar they're doing their jobs" he asked me how I was and I told him everything was fine and he looked at me again, but I didn't face him I could feel his star hold. "how's Richarlison ?" He asked. I turned to face him now, I didn't answer quickly. "He's fine. We..we aren't together anymore" I said and something happened to his face. It wasn't happiness or sadness it was an unexplainable expression.

He continued the conversation normally, the place started getting louder so offering to go outside I followed him to a quieter area. He looked at me and walked closer, "thank god I don't have to feel guilty doing this" he whispered as one of his fingers ran up my arm. Goosebumps managed to make their way up my skin and his finger went to under my chin as our lips were only a centimeter a way.

I felt his lips move closer and I didn't push him away as his hand placed on my neck and his lips moved to mine. Starting small he kissed, the kiss deepened. I didn't know if I wanted to do this so I stopped. "Ney" I said and he looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing ... I just can't" I said looking at him and he was confused. "What do you mean?"
"Its too soon junior. Give me some time" I said referring to staying away from dating for a short period of time just to get my head on track. An unfamiliar feeling rushed up to me and I ran to the nearest washroom leaving neymar confused and he chased after me as I threw up in a toilet.

"shit are you okay?" He asked bending down next to me. "I don't know" I said sitting down.