1

Even if the loudest alarm clock to exist was erupting right next to Gabriela's ear, she would never wake up. A deep sleeper is an understatement.

One extremely annoyed roommate yells after waking up to Gabbie's alarm "GABRIELA!" Alma screamed and within a second "I'm up" she woke snoozing the alarm off and getting ready for work. Being a reporter was hectic but she loved her job. Just yesterday she was moved from being a formula 1 sports reporter to a football reporter and with the World Cup right around the corner she was more than excited.

Her mother being a spaniard who lived in America and father Brazilian she grew up in America but moved back to her fathers hometown a few years later. Having to work closer with the Brazilian football team for her job was the new challenge. Her roommate alma is also her best friend. Alma is a sweetheart and works as a journalist in the same company. Since Gabriela got a area in the sports sector Alma begged her boss to let her also help Gabriella with the football articles and with endless convincing  she managed.

"Did you pack your bags? We have been given a hotel to go to by the end of the night Alma" Gabriella said getting all her things into one side before realizing Alma was still sleeping. She deeply sighed and went and shook her best friend as if she was a broken toy "what is wrong with you?!" Alma opened her eyes out wide and saw her best friend with a wide smile. "God" she shook her head sitting up.

"I'm gonna write the articles from home gab, I'll join you when you're going to Qatar but for now I'd like to stay home a little longer" Alma said rubbing her eyes. Lucky her because Gabriella has to go and speak to people and gather enough for her assignments while Alma sits at home and goes on search online for her data.

While all this was going on ,the Brazilian team was getting ready to go to the last week of practice before flying off to Qatar. Motivation was one thing that carried the team and  they were more than ready to  beat all  and win for the country, for themselves and one 25 year old young man was going to show the world all his colors.

He was going to make the name richarlison known all around the world. That was his goal and that was his plan. Now it was time to execute it.

_____________________

"This is it" Gabriela got off the taxi thanking the driver and walking into her hotel room and dropping a text to Alma letting her know that she was safe. The 22 year old checked her phone for the time 4:30 pm. She was tired she sighed and took her time to adjust having all her belongings set before thinking of using the time to get a word from some of the players while she can.

Old school but wearing her name tag around her neck and putting on a cap she took her notebook. the more content the more the company will appreciate her work and the more likely she would get a raise was why she worked as hard as she did.

The Brazilian team had just finished practice and were leaving their bus into the hotel, which Gabriela's company happened to get her a room at. She left the building from one side to see the commotion of fans asking Neymar, Raphinha, Vinicius and the rest of the team for their autographs. She groaned in regret as the crowd began to increase "why did I leave the building" she muttered when she realized her only way back in would be past a crowd. She snuck her way into the crowd right into the front.

She noticed the bus drop the team and go away but she thought of following the bus to the back instead of being eaten up by greedy fans. The back entrance was open, she thanked God when she saw two or three other fans waiting and from the bus as just one player got off.

Why didn't he go with the rest of the team, she thought as she walked closer to him. Richarlison was looking grumpier than a gloomy sky. He really seemed like he was pissed off or annoyed about something but the few fans didn't really stop calling for him even tho it was clear he didn't want to be there. Gab expected him to ignore them and walk away but even with the most gloomy face on he came and and signed their autographs and took pictures with them and that bought a smile to her face.

Working with sportspeople that's it you could really ask for as a reporter, someone who would talk to you regardless of their mood. It was selfish on her part but it was also her job, the moment she knew that he was closer to her she spoke. Gabriella grew up in America and that sometimes caused her accents to slip when she spoke.

"alguém parece estar de mau humor" (someone seems to be in a bad mood) she said in her American accent, making richarlison look up at her. She was absolutely stunning was the first thought that popped into his mind, her statement made him scoff with his lips almost slightly curving into a smile. "falar em portugues com esse sotaque parece estranho" (speaking in portuguese with that accent sounds unusual) he raised an eye brow.

"ainda te fez sorrir, não foi?" (Still made you smile, didn't it?) Gabriela smirked as she saw his smile grow bigger.

"Do you mind answering a few questions for me now?" She asked politely making deep eye contact that if she could she would just stop and keep staring at his eyes and forget about her job and what she was supposed to do there. He took a few seconds before replying. "mais tarde querida, para citar você, não estou de bom humor."
(later sweetheart, to quote you, I'm not in the mood.)

He said walking away from her slowly but still holding his eye contact.
"Fair enough" she smiled, "catch you soon.." he said trying to read the name tag she wore around her neck which indicated her company and her name, "...Gabriela" he said looking back up at her smiling. "You too richarlison." She said walking away.

He forgot why he was having an off day for those few minutes and walked into the hotel with a smile.