Chapter 34 - Tough Conversations

This is evidence i'm still alive🙃... 

Previously: 

Alex and Perrie broke up when she found out he was a footballer and was hiding it. she left him in the middle of a bar fight and flew away from LA. 

Alex had abirthday party that didn't go that smoothly. Lexie and Kara had a very public fight, Perrie showed up and he was rude to her and he ended up punching a boxing bag with his friend Kara. 

~~

Alex's morning couldn't be worse.

He woke up by the noise from his bathroom. It was Kara throwing up once more. Only this time he wasn't that far behind her.

It took the both of them quite a while to come downstairs.

Downstairs was a whole other disaster. You'd think that after the whole thing with Lexie and Kara the party would have died down.

Nope.

All it took was a good distraction from Matt and from Alex could remember when he and Kara returned finally everyone was doing limbo and drinking from bottles.

The result was two women asleep on either couch and Matt loudly cleaning up.

The day went slowly and painfully. Because at every minute of this day he was thinking of her.

What should he do?

What could he do?

Why was he such an asshole last night?

He didn't have any answers.

So he just thought about it. It was like he was soaking in his sorrow and bad decisioning. The headache didn't help at all either.

In the late afternoon he finally did something.

'I want to talk whenever you want. Just tell me where and when.'

It took fifteen minutes for the reply, an address he didn't know and a time. Tomorrow at 4.

They'd talk. Properly.

~~

He knocked at her door twice and waited until she would answer. He took in everything around him.

He had spent the entire ride here wondering what he'd say and how he'd say it, he'd even call Kara and Melissa to get their advice, them plus Matt and Georgie had talked about it all day until he was finally here. But since he had stood in front of the building he had forgotten about it.

It was a nice fancy building with a doorman working there. The man had stopped Alex asked him who he was and to which apartment he was headed. He was startled by that. That hadn't happened to him since the days he was hanging out with Sturridge, Sterling and Walcott. Afterwards on his way up there he took in the corridors and everything else.

All those vanished once the door opened.

"Hi." He spoke quickly and hurriedly.

"Hello." Perrie spoke with uncertainty. He looked at her, with her hair in a bun and casual clothes on. She was being comfy at her home, and he hadn't seen her like that before not at her own place, but he couldn't appreciate it not with the conversation they were about to have.

Alex fumbled a little with his hands and when he realized Perrie wasn't going to offer he asked. "May I come in?"

That set the woman in motion. "Yes, sure, sorry."

She moved aside gesturing him to come inside.

Alex once more walked slowly and took his time examining the place.